Post Op Vertigo

msjules
on 1/13/04 9:37 am - Eatonton, GA
For the past two weeks I have been experiencing severe vertigo. It has made me unable to drive. I feel like I'm dizzy, looking through a fish-eye lens, can't speak correctly, can't write/type decently, and light-headed for the time it is going on. It happens every 2 minutes and lasts about 10-20 seconds at a time and makes me incredibly off balance. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can give some advice. I have gone in for blood work...all normal. They now have me on a steriod dose pack and allegra-d to see if that helps as putting me on a 5 day dose of antibiotics did nothing. Next step my PCP says is an ENT then a neurologist. I hate not feeling in control of my body! Help Jules
J O.
on 1/14/04 2:06 am - North Smithfield, RI
Hello Jules: I know for a while there at about 4 1/2 months out I was really dizzy. To the point I was afraid to drive. My doc thought it was dehydration..not getting enough water. I upped my water intake- and it seemed to help. They also said it could be low blood pressure--I hope everything works out for you! Jeanne
rachel02631
on 1/15/04 12:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
Hi Jules- I do have some problem with vertigo, but not to the same extreme. If I stand up too quickly, I get REALLY dizzy (like Im going to pass out) . My PCP said this is normal, as my body is trying to re-adjust, and overcompensating. Sounds like you need to see that ENT and neurologist! Good Luck! Please keep me posted!! -Rachel 7/9/03 -100lbs
Dorothy G.
on 1/19/04 2:48 am - Cold Brook, NY
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS ABOUT 4 MONTHS WENT TO SEE DR. HE GAVE ME SOME PILLS HELPED FOR AWHILE. I ONLY SEEM TO GET THE VERTIGO WHEN I GET UP TOO SOON. OR IF I LAY DOWN ON MY PILLOW AT NITE TOO QUICKLY. I THINK OUR BODIES HAVE HAD SUCH AN ADJUSTMENT WITH ALL THIS WEIGHT LOSS. I SEEM TO BE OK NOW. DOROTHY UPSTATE NY 211/119/?
Pat M.
on 1/27/04 2:51 am - Toledo, OH
I had the same thing at 3.5 months out. My doctor said take more magnesium. It helped. (He also mentioned the dehydration.)
KajunBlueRose
on 1/28/04 3:14 am - Berwick, LA
Hi Julie, Wow, I did not know Vertigo was so popular these days. I just emailed out about that subject a bit ago. I was at the emergency room on the 25th then went to my family doctor the following Monday. That was when I was diagnosed with Vertigo. My doctor has me on Meclizine 25mg. It seems to have helped a good bit, but still today I am dealing with the weakness, dizziness and off balance. I will be 7 months out Feb. 1, 04. I hope this ends really soon though, Because I too am not able to drive. Even when I walk downstairs to check mail I have to take my time and be careful. Wishing you the best of luck my friend, Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 858 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 611 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 706 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 615 views