Fellow July 2003 post-op

Tracy R.
on 5/5/04 12:05 am - Pueblo, CO
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and hope to talk to everyone to help keep me focused on my goals. I've hit a plateau, and hoping that I can continue to lose. I had a lap RNY on the 31st of July, 2003. I started at 234 lbs and now am roughly 164. I haven't had an official weight in about 2 months. Anyway, nice to be here with all of you, hope to get to know you better. Tracy 234/164/135?
Brandi T.
on 5/5/04 9:21 am - Corona, CA
RNY on 07/10/03 with
Tracy, Welcome! I am almost 10 months post op now. My anniversary is July 10th, 2003. I started out at 258 (at 5'2", that's pretty round!) and am now at an even 150. I too have been stagnant for about 2 weeks now and even though it's frustrating, it's your bodies way of telling you "Whoa! Slow down a minute!" so it can catch up with all the changes that have been wrought. Just keep doing the right things and you'll start back up again. Maybe vary your exercise routine some, hit the steam room after you work out or something. I still have 25 lbs to lose and it seems like such a long way to go, but look at where we came from and how far we've come already. Good luck and keep up the good work!
Jill Lapke
on 5/7/04 2:49 am - Prior Lake, MN
Hi Tracy and Brandi! I too had my 10 month anniversary today. I only lost 1 pound this month. But I did lose 4 inches so that's a plus! I can't get too down on myself, (and neither should you!) I was at 248 and 5'2". I'm down 105 pounds. Just remember how far you've come! I'm glad you guys are here to compare myself to! Take care! Jill 248/144/126
RockwellMom
on 5/7/04 2:55 pm - Tracy, CA
Hi Tracy, I will be 10 months post op on the 10th. I started out at 168 at 5'4''. I am at 166-168 now. I do get frustrated sometimes, but I am still down 103 pounds. I have hit a plateau. I work very hard to keep it going down, and I hope it does go down some more. At month 9 I instintaly lost 8 pounds. Maybe my weight is just playing games on me. I wouldn't worry about it. I am still happy that I am 103 pounds less and you should be happy too. Congratulations and best of luck.... Tina
Ann N.
on 5/8/04 6:18 am - FL
Hi Tracy, I think we all hit plateaus at some point! I will be 10 months on May 15th and the loss per month is less, but agree with other postings, body weight loss and inches down have to "catch-up" to each other. I am 5 feet tall, weight day of surgery 244, loss 108 so far, weighed 136 5/08/2004. My goal is 120, height/weight charts list 109-120. So who knows where it lands, I am just so GLAD & HAPPY to weigh under 200 pounds!
Kacee M.
on 5/12/04 3:38 am - Fountain, CO
Hi Tracy, Congrats on your weight loss. I had my surgery July 28, 2003 here in Colo. Springs. I too have hit a plateau for the past two months. I'm hoping to lose about 10 lbs more. I'm in a size 8-10, but my breast are huge. Everything fits in all places but my breasts. Very frusterating. Total weight loss as of today is 110 lbs. If you would like to write, I'd sure appreciate it. I talk to some people who have had the surgery, but no one here in Colorado. Take care of yourself and don't let the plateau get to you. My email is [email protected].
Diane55
on 5/12/04 7:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi there, I had surgery on July 10 also, it seems it was a busy day for RNY I started out at 275 lbs 5'9 I am now 50 years old so maybe that has something to do with the weight loss but I now have lost 95 pounds I need to lose about 40 more pounds. I have been in a plateau since Jan. only losing a pound or two per month! Oh well as long as I am going down and not up I can live with it.
Pat R.
on 5/12/04 2:36 pm - Leander, TX
Hi all! I, too, am a July 2003 "start to a new life". Mine was on the 23rd. I weighed 305 and on my 5'4" frame that was WEIGH () too much! I am 10 months out, 120 pounds down, and like everyone else, on a plateau. But after reading Dr. Phil's book (I decided it couldn't hurt!) I really feel a lot better about it. I would suggest that if you are discouraged, pick up his book and read it. It makes you "get real" (his favorite expression!!) about expectations and weight loss. I have increased my walking, my water, and my protein. I hope to break this plateau. I have seen a plastic surgeon and am scheduled for abdominalplasty in August. Now I have to lose the last 20 pounds before then! I hope that will motivate me! Would love to hear from anyone! Pat 305/185/150
Karen B.
on 5/14/04 7:58 am - Vacaville, CA
Hi Everyone: I had my surgery July 3rd, 2003. I am 5'0 and weighed 265lbs and am still 5'0 but thankfully only weigh 149-150 lbs. I would like to get down to about 120-125. I too am not losing at this time - I am trying to step up on the exercising. I want to loose about 10-15 lbs and then see about getting a tummy tuck and maybe loosing some of my bat wings. I'm sorry but extremely glad to hear that others are having some problems with plateauing. I guess it is a relief to know that maybe I'm not blowing it. I can see the difference in the size of clothes but the weight just doesn't want to drop with it. Karen
Brenda H.
on 5/15/04 11:46 pm - Apopka, FL
Hello everyone, I had my WLS on the 9th of July, 2003. I am 5'2 and I weighed 320 pounds. I am also at a plateau. I now weigh 189. I know that is a lot of weight to have shed, but I'm ready for some more to go to the weight fairy. I have lost 130#. My husband tells me I have lost a whole person. I wish you all well and Happy losing....Brenda from Apopka, Fl
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views