help! I'm stuck

Lori B.
on 5/23/04 11:54 pm - Birmingham, al
My surgery date is july 1 of 2003. I was loosing well for six months, then it slowed after January, but still dropping sizes. But THIS plateu has me worried because it is so close to my year date, and I probably won't loose any more after that. I was a ":lightweight" with only a little over a 100 lbs to loose. I started 245, and now am fluctuating between 157 and 161. Any ideas on jump starting this? I've been exercising about 3 times a week, so I know that is taken care of. I just don't want to go through all this and be "tubby", especially since I have this huge flap to live with. Thanks!
Elizabeth J.
on 5/24/04 5:15 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi Lori, You're not alone, I think quite a few of us are stuck. I'm losing slowly, but when I went for my six month check up I had lost a total of 94 lbs and thought I was doing well exercising three times a week, but my doctor told me I needed to exercise more, so now I exercise 6 days a week and I can definitely tell the inches are coming off even though the scale barely moves. I'm not giving up, I'm going to keep trying and see what happens. By the way I'm originally from Birmingham, Alabama. Good Luck and GOD BLESS!
Christian A.
on 6/14/04 12:24 am - Keizer, OR
I hear you all loud and CLEAR! I am the same way. I was 412 when I had the surgery and I am down 160 pounds. I work our a lot! I bike ride (10-30 miles), Karate (3 times a week (1-2 hours per day)), and have just recently taking up jogging/walking. Here I am sweating my A** off and no results on the scale! It can be quite frustrating. But, with that said, I am not quitting! I will keep this up forever. This is a battle for our life and will last a lifetime and I realize this and for the good of myself and my children/wife I will keep this up. Good luck to all and keep on keeping on! -Chris
Robyn Posson
on 6/7/04 1:17 am - Schenectady, NY
Hi Lori: I had my RNY on July 11, 2003, and I'm down 97 pounds (and holding), so I know what you mean about plateaus. What has worked for me is getting back to basics....protein, water, exercise. That's what got me down this far, and I hope to lose the last 5 pounds before my one year check up next month. Hang in there...remember, you've already done beautifully! Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views