Only 4 lbs lost since April

Sasha A.
on 7/3/04 5:12 am - Buckley, WA
I am coming up on my one year anniversary next week. I have been stuck at the same weight basically since April. I am so worried that my loss has stopped. I have another 35-45 lbs to go. I have upped my exercise to no avail. I get at least 80g of protein a day. Am I going to lose any more weight???
shanamini
on 7/4/04 2:11 pm - Hamilton, OH
You didn't say how much you started out at, or what your weight is now. Don't forget, you lose weight the first 15 months after surgery, the last 20 being the hardest, and the last 35-40 being the slowest. Also, the more you work out, the more muscles you build, the more weight you gain, but the trimmer you get. (Muscle does weigh more then fat...) ~Cyndi
Diane55
on 7/5/04 4:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
First of all happy anniversary, mine is on July 10th and for the last three months I have not lost any weight either and I still need to lose at least 40 more pounds. I have made up my mind that I am starting out today as if it is my first day after surgery. (Except for the exerising part I will keep doing that) but back to the food basics...And all the water and protien....I know I am not getting 80 grams a day. Stay at it you will prevail!!!!
Michelle_S
on 7/6/04 12:46 pm - Wetumpka, AL
Hey Sasha, We have the same surgery date! Can you believe how fast this past year has gone by?? I am closing in on my goal and having to struggle for every pound I lose. What seems to work for me is Atkins Induction. I drink protein powder mixed with SF Tang, BBQ Pork Skins, eggs, bacon, salads with grilled chicken, pickle pinwheels, string cheese, SF Jello w/Ready Whip, etc. It is not something I plan on doing for the rest of my life but it helps kick start my weight loss. I can lose as much as 5 lbs a week when I am doing it diligently. I drink between 15-20 cups of water each day. I try to get to the gym 6 days a week. I do 3 days of cardio for 45 minutes alternating between the treadmill and the eliptical machine. Then I do some kind of weight training the other 3 days....mostly Body Pump. Anyway, that is just my 2 cents and what seems to work for me. Good luck, Michelle 270/142/135
Ramona E.
on 8/8/04 1:02 am - Beardstown, IL
What is your calorie intake? I too was stalled for two months and I have started the water loading thing that i saw on pouch rules for dummies, watched my diet and lost 4 pounds this week after a two month standstill. My nutrionist also told me that my body is just protecting itself because now I am at the point where it is hanging onto everything since it signals my body is starving basically. I am healthy of course. The fat is turning into muscle and that also keeps you stable on the scales. I was told to increase my calorie intake to 1,500 but am only able to get in 1,00-1,100. Talk with your nutritionist and she what they have to say, it might help you jumpstart again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views