bethbock

beth B.
on 8/4/04 12:46 am - nashville, IN
IT'S BEEN ONE YEAR AND AFTER SOME PROBLEMS AND FEW EXTRA SURGERYS, WAS NOT PREPARED FOR,I'M DOING WELL. NORMAL LIFE PROBLEMS, FINANCIAL CRUNCHES, HAVE CAUSED A LOT OF STRESS. I HAD STARTED TO GRAZE. MY SURGEON PRESCRIBED PROZAC AND IT HAS HELPED. IT IS SO EASY TO FALL BACK INTO OLD HABITS WHEN FOOD IS YOUR PACIFIER. JUST A N0TE; THIS IS A DAY TO DAY BATTLE SOMETIMES. I THINK I'M GETTING IT. ANYONE ELSE DEALING WITH THE DEPRESSION PROBLEM, I FEEL THAT I AM DEALING WITH THIS ALONE, LOOKING FOR SOME POSITIVE SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS.
Dachshund Lover C.
on 8/5/04 2:33 am - Vona, Co
Dear Beth, I am So sure that you are not alone in this struggle here.. Once a person depends on food as a confort it would only be normal to assume that it will always be there for us.. After all this surgery does not put a fix on our minds only on our bodys.. Have you tryed to keep a diarey on what you eat, drink, feelings about each item and such ?? What I do is take a notebook and make deviders .. ******************************** Breakfast...... amount .. Feelings... ********************************** Dinner ....... amount ... Feelings.. ********************************** Supper .... Amount ... Feelings .... ********************************** Exercise ..... Amount walked, what I did.. Feelings.. ********************************** Calsums ..... Vitamins ..... ********************************** What are my feeling towards the meal plans ?? ************************************ What can I do to make my plans easer ?? ************************************ How was my day better today then yesterday ?? ********************************** I do hope that this will help you.. I know I started making this way back pre op.. And I do find that haveing to revord each and every Item helps me to be more honest with myself ... I also have a additional note book on measure ments and my weights.. So this way I can track my good days and water gaining days as well, this also helps me from getting discouraged .. Audrey
Ann N.
on 8/10/04 11:36 am - FL
Hi Beth, I battle with depression, after WLS I stopped my anti-depressant because I could not swallow pills...then decided I would give it the "Old try-to-do-it on my own". DUMBIEST thing I ever did. After 10 months I went on Wellbutrin XL in May and finally things are turning around to a better frame of mind for me. I suffered with depression before WLS and the surgery does not cure depression. Take meds, get counseling, whatever you need to be successful. WLS is a tool, but we need healthy minds to go along with our new bodies or we will sabbotage our success. I'm not afraid to admit I get counseling, I refuse to blow the best "weight loss tool" I ever have been given. I am determined to keep this weight off by whatever means I need to do, I want a happy, healthy lifestyle from this point forward and I with the Lord's help will do it. You can to. Take care and be GOOD to yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views