Am i the only one left..............

cmkge4me
on 9/7/04 6:18 am - Roanoke, VA
Am i the only one left from the July 2003 surgeries that hasn't met goal? I am so glad that i have lost 105 lbs since July 9...but i haven't lost any in 3 months and I still have 30 more to go. I know that some of it is skin that'll have to be removed,but I know there is still some fat left there too. I am 5 10 and 185,down from 290 the day of surgery and 307 top weight. I am so glad i had this done, but I feel like i will never get to goal. i see myself thinking about diets and how to shed the weight and it reminds me of how i was preop,just DESPERATE and I hate how that makes me feel. So let me know if I am not alone out there not making it to goal....and i am willing to take advice as to how to shed the rest of this weight. My close friend is having surgery next week and i plan to go with her for surgery(her husband can't go),and i told her that I would do the same diet she's on during her recovery,so maybe the liquid diet will jump start me again. PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN!!! I am proud of everyone and their success,just feeling kinda left out. Maybe i've done something wrong? just curious. Thanks for letting me vent.~Amy
janice G.
on 9/7/04 11:43 pm - TX
Not at all....I am about 15pds. from goal. I have lost about the same as you 105-110. I haven't lost any for sometime as well. I know I need to do a protein feast to reset my pouch or jump start things but haven't as of yet. No matter what size I am I still like to eat!! I can't even call it head hunger because it has nothing to do with hunger it's totally about me liking food!! At one point I was looking into revisions "just in case". I do really worry about gaining the weight back. I think I am going to start doing a daily diet log, maybe that will help me get back to basics.
cmkge4me
on 9/8/04 1:52 am - Roanoke, VA
Oh my gosh, you are my twin.....i love food too. I try to find foods that i can tolerate and eat more of just to be eating. SICK huh!? I'll protein feast if you will. I told my friend the same thing the other day, i wish i was her getting ready to have surgery again. i miss the full feeling and the satisfaction i first had when i first had surgery. i just don't stay full either. I would go thru surgery again and all the recovery to just lose the last 30 lbs. how sick is that? i had a great recovery with no complications,so i guess thats why i can say that. i nned to read pouch rules for dummies again....that always helps get me going again. Thanks for responding and good luck to you. let me know how things are going.~amy
Tamika J.
on 9/12/04 9:15 am - Hiram, GA
Hey Amy, Don't feel bad. I had the surgery the same day as you and I have been stuck at the same weight for like freakin ever. I fluctuate bewtween 178-183 and it is driving me crazy. I would like to loose about 35-40lbs more but this plateua is literally driving me insane. I know I need to get strick and probably try the Protein Train too. Im glad to know Im not the only one in this rut. Keep your head up and I will too Tamika
defatbroad
on 9/13/04 12:18 pm - Toronto, Canada
I haven't reached goal either. I started at 458, and am down to 288. I guess I have about 100 left to go. Does that make you feel better? I'm jazzed at my weight loss by the way, and I'm not worried that I haven't achieved goal. There's no way in you-know-where I could have realistically reached it in that short period of time anyway. Cathy.
Chastity D.
on 9/14/04 3:13 am - Winchester, ky
Amy, I had my surgery a few days after you. I started out at 321 and now down to 180. I haven't reached goal yet. I upexpectedly got pregnant 7 months out. Although, I lost 10 lbs the first trimester, gained that back the 2nd trimester. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have gained 41/2 lbs. So don't fret, I am about 35lbs from my goal weight. I am hoping to get to goal after I have my baby. Hang in there, Don't let it get you down. Chastity
robkreft
on 9/14/04 11:01 pm - MI
You are not alone Amy. I started at 570 in June of 2003. I had to lose 70+ lbs. just to get on the operating table by July 29th. After I accomplished that goal, I was approved to move forward. I have lost 245 lbs. since surgery last year but, I have about 40 lbs. to go yet myself. Do not be discouraged... It will come. Remember to walk walk walk. I walk 3-5 miles 3 times a week. I'm praying for your continued success. Rob
neneburge
on 9/27/04 1:00 am - snellville, ga
Hardly, smiles, I need to lose 70pds to get to goal. I was getting discouraged because it seems I have been stuck for last two months and it is driving me nuts. I am even thinking about doing weigh****chers or something. I am so frustrated!!!
sandra F.
on 9/28/04 11:34 pm - Fosters, AL
Hi Amy, No you are not alone, I have not reached my goal yet. I want to loose another 26 pounds. I am very happy with my loss so far. I go back to see my Dr. Dec. 9, 2004 and would love to have at least 15 more pounds off, but I can not see that. Sandra
Lora S.
on 10/2/04 3:00 am - Goldthwaite, TX
Hi Amy. I had my surgery 7/14 and I am down to 163 from 284. I am wanting to get to 150 but have not lost anything since May. I am however, happy with where I am and if I don't lose another pound, I'll be ok with that. I am in a size 10(would like to get to a size 8) so I'm not that bad off. I am more concerned about how much I can eat, and I don't dump on anything unless I eat too much of it, which can be a whole lot. I am scared to death of gaining but so far I have maintained so that's where my focus is going to be. I joined Curves last month and I try to go at least 3 days a week. I'm hoping this will help me either jump-start my weight loss again, or at least help me maintain my weight since I have some really bad habits that have creeped back into my lifestyle. Good luck, and just keep focused on where you came from.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views