Anyone else losing REALLY slow out there??

Sbug101
on 10/28/04 8:22 am - Levittown, NY
I had my surgery July 28, 2003. I was 295.5 and now weigh 174.5. My surgeon put my goal weight at 171. I exercise like crazy, drink water and seem to be on track with the food and when I got weighed last week in 1 month I lost only 2 and 1/2 lbs. It's frustrating that at the beginning of this journey the lbs. just seemed to melt away without trying. I know it's "just a tool" that my surgeon keeps telling me, but I feel like everybody else lost weight faster than me. I am looking into a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking maybe after surgery I'll be in the 160's. Am I being crazy??? Am I alone??
birdlady4
on 10/29/04 9:36 am - Keyesport, IL
Hi. I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I had my RNY July 17, 2003 at a weight of 302. I am at 220 and holding. I have been at this weight for about 1 1/2 months now and don't know when I will begin to drop again. Before the surgery I was at this weight for almost 10 years; so expect this to be a long plato. Because of my Fybrmialgia, I am unable to exercise like a normal person. I can stretch and do some walking but that is about it. I have also begun to look into getting rid of the extra skin. And there is a lot of it. But I feel that in all truth, I need to lose more weight before I can consider this surgery. Keep your chin up and keep to the path. I know that it will come off if we stay on our scheduled path. sister in weightloss Mary
Sbug101
on 10/30/04 12:41 am - Levittown, NY
Thanks Mary, Sometimes it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone with this "hard to lose" weight. Good luck to you---------Angie
Kathy & Juan T.
on 11/5/04 4:06 am - San Jose, CA
I had my surgery July 18th 2003. And I think I'm STOPPED! I was 320 and now I weigh 173, but I've been 175-173 for 4 months! I admit I have blown it some of the time, but nothing too bad. I want to get down to 140. Does anyone get to the goal weight they want? I also want Plastics. My arms are BAT wings. Angie you are NOT alone. Keep up the good work
Audrey C.
on 11/6/04 3:57 pm - Vona, Co
After what they call the honey moon stage which is the first 6 months weight does slow down.. But remember after the 6 months we are eatting more, then we did the first 4 months.. I am 15 months postie.. and I know that sence my one year in July I have still only lost 11 pounds and that was 3 months ago !! But slow or fast, I am very thankful that the scales are still heading South wards and not north wards.. I do know some don't get to goal untill their second year.. I think taller people do loose weight faster.. Which is not to my advantage !! I am only 5'1''.. So no matter how slow the scales move I am just thankful that it does move.. hugs
Sbug101
on 11/11/04 5:59 am - Levittown, NY
Hi Audrey, Thanks for the reply. I am 5'7" so I don't think that height played any advantage with me, unless you consider "tall" to be over 5'10". I am very thankful for all the weight I have lost and am glad that I am not alone. By the way, my husband had the surgery 3 months after me and has lost the same amount as me so far. Go Figure. Good luck to you!!!
Sbug101
on 11/11/04 6:05 am - Levittown, NY
Hi Kathy and Juan, It's nice to see another husband and wife who went through the WLS. My hubby had his WLS last October. He also has lost pretty slow compared to others who had the surgery the same time. I think when you have plastic surgery and they remove ANY skin that it does weigh something, so at least that would be putting you closer to your goal. I too have the bat wings, but try to keep from clapping too crazy at concerts and waving to others is the only thing that seems to drive me nuts about them. I'd rather see my tummy flat and my boobs higher. Good luck to you both, and thanks for a reply!!!!!!!!----Angie
Neita B.
on 11/12/04 4:08 am - Riverbank, CA
I am in the same club. My weight loss has actually halted! Ugh! I was 280 and I am down to 163. I am so much happier where I am at, but wanted to lose a little more also. That's okay though - I, like you, am looking into a TT and thigh lift. We will see - my insurance will NOT approve it.
Sbug101
on 11/20/04 8:46 am - Levittown, NY
Hi Neita, Congrats to you for losing so much weight. I found out that my insurance will cover removing the skin from the stomach area but not the pulling down of the skin above the belly button to make the"tuck". The boob lift and implant are not covered, but I am going to do it and come up with the money anyway I can. I told my family this year instead of gifts just contribute to the "reconstruction of Angie" fund. I am also considering getting rid of saddle bags at the top of my thighs---sometime in the future------------good luck to you----Angie
Lawrence R.
on 12/1/04 9:24 am - Bakersfield, CA
I too had my surgery in July 2003....went from 291 to 180 by april of this year...the weight just gradually and stedily came off...however, although my doctor's goal weight for me was to be 175, at 180 i physically did not feel good...i often felt weak...i decided not to focus on the scale but rather on how i felt...i since hav put on 10 pounds but feel better both physically and emotionally...I am schedule to have my tummy tuck this month (8th)...with that procedure I am expecting to lose aprrx 5-10 pounds placing me back to the 180 mark...i dont know if i will ever be at 175 pounds nor do i know if i would want to be...since I feel what counts is how you feel both emotionally and physically that should count...best of luck...Ü
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views