I cant believe i can eat everything i did before surgery

suzie N.
on 2/16/05 8:58 pm - EDEN PRAIRIE, mn
hello all post ops, its been 19 months starting weight 279 pounds now 140 pounds. when i had this surgery i thought ok i wont be able to eat any junk food again. WRONG !!!!!!!! I GOT DOWN TO 123 POUNDS IN OCTOBER OF 2004. FAMILLY THOUGHT I LOOKED LIKE A SKELETON. I LOVED ALL THE CLOTHES I COULD WEAR , PROBLEM DEPRESSION I WAS NOT EATING. I GOT OUT OF MY DEPRESSION AND STARTED EATING EVERYTHING. I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I COULD INHAIL, WITHOUT GETTING SICK. QUESTION TO ALL ??????? HOW MANY OF YOU CAN EAT ALL THE BAD THINGS SWEETS,ETC... JUST CURIOUS, IT REALLY DISAPOINTS ME I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS
defatbroad
on 2/17/05 12:57 am - Toronto, Canada
Can you talk to someone about it, like someone in the eating disorders field? When we have the surgery for our bodies, we, unfortunately, don't have surgery on what made us gain in the first place. In other words, with the surgery, we're treating the symptom, not the problem. We also need to work on WHY we need to eat in the first place. You indicated depression, which is also a symptom of something bothering you, so that's why I'm suggesting this. Cathy.
suzie N.
on 2/17/05 7:42 pm - EDEN PRAIRIE, mn
cathy,thanks for responding. i do have the same problems i did before surgery example eating alot before bed. i will be seeing my gastric bypass nurse march 1 thanks for your sugestion. suzie
Elizabeth J.
on 3/5/05 1:22 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
I have a question for you...do you still eat small amounts or can you eat as much as you like? I started out at 276 and now I'm down 135, I'm really happy about my weight loss, but I don't want to lose anymore, I don't even mind if I gain maybe 5lbs but no more. I'm also afraid that I may gain more, I still get on the scale every week. I think subconsciously in the back of my mind I'm afraid that I will gain some of my weight back. I know what to do not to get back to that size, but saying it and doing it is two different things. We will just have to pray that we can maintain the size we desire to be.
Brenda S.
on 4/12/05 6:00 am - Verona, VA
Cathy, did you ever get any help? I started eating more to keep from losing anymore weight, and I have gained 15 lbs and I'm so depressed over the weight gain I could cry!!!!!
Cfortes
on 4/23/05 11:13 am - Fayetteville, NC
Hi Suzie, I'm facing a similar problem. I can eat and eat without feeling full and yes, I can eat candy and other "crap" without feeling sick. I'm worried because I gained weight a combination of water weight and fat. I'm afraid of getting on the scale to see how much I've gained because just last week I hit goal of 220 from 371. I don't know what's going on. I too had a little bought with depression and then afterwards it seemed like I woke up and my body felt "different." I guess it's back to the doctor for me.
Geri K.
on 5/4/05 2:54 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Suzie, I will be 2 years out from my surgery on July 7th. There are still a lot of things that I can't eat or only eat in moderation. I have found that I can eat certain things like sweets, in some forms, but not others. It is very strange. I still get sick from fast food, greasy fast food like McDonalds (not Taco Bell though). I still can only eat a certain amount of food and I don't try to push that envelope because one I don't want to go back to the way I was, but most importantly, I don't want to get sick. I just try to eat the "sweets, junk food, etc." in moderation. I don't know if that helps, but......... Geri
nativetex
on 1/12/06 4:19 am - Aubrey, TX
I also have gained weight. Was 243, then at my lowest 130. I had 3 stricture procedures done and the last one stopped me from throwing up but now I can eat more and have gained *****40***** lbs!! in the last year. I am very depressed. I can still wear size 12 through 16's depending on the cut. I can eat some sweets, not others, and nothing like I use too. Can't eat ice cream at all or milk products. I guess I need to go back to basics and start exercising more. I had Santa bring me a bike. I think alot of the gain was due to more sedentary job and eating more as time passes on.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views