post op weight gain

Brenda S.
on 4/12/05 5:17 am - Verona, VA
I had my surgery in 2003 and did great, but now I have gained 15 lbs and am just sick. has anybody out there done this and if so, how did you get it back off
Boogies N.
on 4/16/05 12:45 pm - brooklyn park, mn
Hi Brenda, my surgery was July 28,2003 and I got from 263 down to 166. I did it real slooooow and had more plateaus then the desert has. actually quit losing at 15 months out. stayed there for 4 months and now have gained 7 lbs. I am hoping its cause the new meds I have been put on but wont know till I can go off them in May. till then I am watching calories,eating 3 meals,no snacks,upping the water,extra exercise and praying like mad. If I could just stay where I am and not gain anymore would elate me. I still had 20 -30 pounds to my personal goal. Now relating to my age, how long in life I sat at 160 or so I may not be able to get any lower and that would be fine to. just means goal is closer Bonnie
CINDERALLA
on 5/5/05 2:39 am - LAUREL, MD
HEY GIRL DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED OUT THEY ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WOULD GAIN A LITTLE BACK GO BACK TO THE FOOTPRINTS AND ENTER YOUR BEGINNING WEIGHT AND GET BMI SO YOU CAN REFRESH YOURSELF WITH WHAT WAS SAID. I HAVE BEEN POST OP IT WILL BE THREE YEARS IN JULY MY WEIGHT STAYS BETWEEN 166 AND 178. BUT I STILL WEAR A SIZE 12 A TIGHT 12 BUT 12. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS . AND DON'T FORGET WERE WE CAME FROM BIG AS ALL OUT DOORS I FEEL GREAT I LOOK GREAT AND I LIVE GREAT STOP EATING ALL THOSE POTATOE CHIPS AND SNACKS AND EVEN THE CANDY IS GETTING EASIER TO EAT ISN'T IT . YES I KNOW THAT'S WHAT MAKES THE WEIGHT GAIN LEARN TO CONTROL IT IT'S NOT HARD . I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT GO FOR IT. LATER -PHYLLIS FRAZIER AKA--- BLACK BARBIE
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 701 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 612 views