PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Brenda S.
on 4/12/05 6:11 am - Verona, VA
My surgeon operated on me and moved out of State. I have had NO post-op help. I started eating to keep from losing any more weight ( you know how people are, don't lose anymore or you're going to look sick). Now I have gained back 15 lbs and want to know if any of you went through this and how did you get back on track. I don't even know how to go on a diet now. Brenda
Boogies N.
on 4/16/05 12:54 pm - brooklyn park, mn
Brenda, if your surgeon moved out of state, use your pcp ,gyn or find a dietician or any personal doctor that will check you out. keep up with the lab work to be sure your levels are where they are suppose to be and maybe a dietician to help. Personnally I would find another surgeon in your area that does wls and meet with him, explain yours moved and you would like followup care, and I would go back to the basics of when you first had surgery to get back on track. there is a ossg group called back to basics that can help, also severral groups that are for 1 yr out people. also did or do you have a live support group where you could check into? . hope some of this helps. Bonnie
Geri K.
on 5/4/05 2:26 am - Harrisburg, PA
Brenda, Even if you continue to loose weight, your body will stabalize itself when you have lost enough/gotten down to a normal weight. I had those same type of people telling me that I had lost enough weight, even after I stabalized. I have been at 130 pounds for a year now. I don't know how long ago you had your surgery, but I stabalized approximately a year after my surgery and I am at 2 years out in July. As far as loosing that 15 pounds, I understand that one too. I gained 10 over the winter and am now in the process of getting that extra 10 back off. How much food are you able to eat now (ounces)? Not sure if that helps any. Geri
Maria Soledad Rivera
on 9/18/05 12:21 pm - San Juan
Did you find out? Rigth now I'm in your same situation Maria Soledad
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 701 views
Need help after 4 years....