Recent Posts

rossrankins10
on 1/13/23 4:29 am
Topic: RE: Money Money Money

Hello, only financial institutions can assist you lawfully get quick money. Despite your concerns and feedback from other people, honest and transparent fast money loans with quick approval flow exist. How to create an agreement is an illustration of a reliable microfinance company. There is a decent chance of getting a loan approved and a low interest rate compared to other organizations.

Linda H.
on 6/4/15 7:55 am - FERRIS, TX
Topic: RE: So, how's everyone doing?

Good Morning Cricket, 

I'm about 10 years post op and suffer from the same regain.  Were you able to lose what you regain?? I'm in a yoyo type situation keep losing the weight and then gaining it back... 

Many Blessings
Linda  
RNY 7-25-05 

Cricket-
on 5/26/13 11:07 am - Terre Haute, IN

Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to food journal more, and that helps...exercise is going to be the big thing that helps me. That and portion control, which I well...lost control of LOL!

---------
RNY 7-22-05
130 pounds gone!

nursygirl
on 5/26/13 2:16 am - San Jose,, CA

Hi~

I ran across your post this morning and thought I would answer.  I stayed at my lowest weight for about 1 year or so and started "the change".  That got me about 10 lbs extra I wasn't counting on.  I am not much of an organized "exerciser" but do move consistently every day.

My food journaling had lapsed so I started that again and tried to get my hormones in check since that was also part of the problem.  Dumped (no pun intended) my Reese's habit,  made a commitment to move more and returned to my support group meeting.  Took off  7 lbs and now fuss with just 3 extra pounds that actually fluctuates.

Try not to have shame about how the weight came back.  You have the tool, and you know what to do.  Recommit to what worked for you in the past.  This journey will have its ups and downs, just like any journey.  Its what you do when you hit the road block.

Keep me posted and good luck.

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

Cricket-
on 3/11/13 2:57 am - Terre Haute, IN
Topic: So, how's everyone doing?

I can see from past threads that this group isn't very active any more, but I am hoping to hear how folks are doing after 7 years.

To be honest, I'm not doing so well. I was at my lowest wait less than 2 years ago, and then lost control of it all after we adopted our 2nd child. The weight came back because of my poor choices, and I now have to work really hard to take it back off.

Has anyone else re-gained?

How are the folks doing that have kept it all off?

I'd love to know...

Sometimes I feel a lot of shame and embarrassment about how my weight came back (not all of it, but a lot of it).

Anyone out there???

Charity

RNY 7/2005

AlysbluesGA
on 6/22/12 12:56 pm
Topic: Happy 7 year !!!!
It is amazing how important and what a great support this forum was early on in our journey :) I hope all are well and doing wonderfully.

I have put some weight back on  ( like 45 lbs ), so I am doing the big "D" word again - dieting :(... the dreaded thing we did time and time again. I guess I would rather try to loose 30 lbs now than 130 lbs later.

I have started exercising and working so! so! hard on the whole "snacking' thing. A year after my surgery, I moved to GA ( after my husband was deployed) with my 3 young children, my 4 & 5 days  a week at the gym came to a screeching halt and I literally stopped exercising for the last 6 years... that along with my need to constantly graze has packed the lbs back on :(. But... I am working really hard and I am so motivated to get it off.

Well, I wish you all the best !

Aly
Pattiann
on 7/29/11 6:23 am - Buffalo, NY
Topic: SIX YEARS POST OP july 2005 surgery
Still maintaining my weight.  Been through a lot of the course of 6 years.  DOing well. BEST DECISION EVER MADE for me....
Linda H.
on 7/26/11 2:11 am - FERRIS, TX
Topic: RE: Hello to all of you!
Hello Maureen,

I have been on these site in years...not sure why I just stopped coming... just wanted to stop by and say HI

Many Blessings
Linda  
RNY 7-25-05 

maureen A.
on 1/18/11 7:53 pm - Tamarac, FL
Topic: Hello to all of you!
It's been a long, long, time since I (or anyone ) from our old group has posted here... but I'm thinking of you all. Wishing you well. and just wanted to check in... 5 & 1/2 years ... love to you all.
peace .mo.
Love, Peace & Mo'
Alice Davis
on 6/21/10 3:21 am - Blooming Grove, TX
Topic: RE: I'm getting married!
Congratulations, Tim! You've done so well I am sure your girlfriend is so proud of you. Continue to post pictures.
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1005 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 779 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 911 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1127 views