Recent Posts

janni
on 2/2/06 8:37 am - NJ
Topic: RE: I'm finally pregnant!!!
Congratulations! That's so exciting.
janni
on 2/2/06 8:12 am - NJ
Topic: I hate food!
It's true, I can't believe it either. I.hate.to.eat. I wish there was a magic pill I could take and just get all my calories and nutrition that way and not have to think about it. My friends think I'm nuts, but I honestly find it a waste of time and effort. I also know it's a necessary waste of time and effort. lol Anyone else feeling like this or am I as weird as my friends think I am?
1800Bev
on 11/21/05 3:21 pm - Somewhere, CA
Topic: RE: I'm finally pregnant!!!
Congratulations!! My daughter had WLS several months before me and she now has a 3 month old baby girl and both are doing great.
champagne3456
on 11/5/05 11:08 pm - Lincoln, RI
Topic: I'm finally pregnant!!!
For those of you who have known me since I have been on these boards, you know that my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 9 months. Well, I am finally pregnant and am five weeks along. Dr. Pohl says I should be fine to carry a pregnancy, but wants to follow me through it to check on nutrition and to make sure the baby is getting what it needs. I am SO EXCITED! How is everyone else doing? Being two years out, I know most of us don't post as much, but I think it's important to know where we all came from. Thanks everyone!
Larry L.
on 10/21/05 12:08 am - Bakersfield, CA
Topic: RE: I can't believe I did this!!!
yeah, i'm one of the not so lucky ones that does not get sick no matter what i eat. i get a discomfort if i eat too much, but yeah i know the pain. i am so not wanting to go back to where i was before, but why do i treat myself like i want to. this is so not easy!!
debbiew69
on 10/7/05 8:56 pm - wonder lake, IL
Topic: RE: post op tummy tuck questions.......
my bypass was august2003 i had my tummy tuck january 05 and a mass removed on 7/05 i am very glas i had the tummy tuck it made a world of difference if you go in for something else like a hernia your insurance will usualy pay for it i cant get my thighs or arms toned up at all any ideas they are really bad. i am nooooooooooooooooooo way going through the full body lift. i am also stuck at this weight i am about 15 pounds from goal and gain 5 lose 5 its very aggervating
tina0226
on 9/27/05 7:24 am - Greenwood, IN
Topic: RE: post op tummy tuck questions.......
I also had open bypass August 2003. I then had a bowl obstruction Jan. 2005 so that added about 6 inches to my already 5-6 inch scar. I had a tummy tuck done August 25, 2005. It wasn't hard for me to get insurance approval. Went to PS, he submitted letter, and I would say within about 1 month I was approved no questions asked. I carried all of my weight in my stomach area prior to bypass ... so as you can imagine I had a ton of extra skin ... when I had my tummy tuck the dr. removed 20 pounds of skin and fat ... Yuck! It is about the same pain as bypass ... except I would say more swelling ... but I am sure that varies for everyone. I would do it all over again ... so that must tell you it's not horribly painful. The pain goes away within time! Good luck .. and questions let me know.
Cynthia B.
on 9/13/05 10:40 pm - Corning, NY
Topic: post op tummy tuck questions.......
Hello all, I had my bypass in Aug of 2003 and have maintained the same weight for over a year now. I believe I am done losing which is fine with me am pleased with where I am at but I have a question. I havent had to have any plastic surgery with excess skin yet my arms and legs are good but the big problem I have (an always have had) is with my belly. I cannot get that stomach of mine toned up to save my life. I dont know if the fact that ive had 3 c-sections and then the bypass contribute to this or not but nothing seems to help and it looks terrible. Has anyone had this done? And if you have can you please let me know what it involves ? Is it painful ? Do you have to stay over in the hospital? And are insurances hard to get an approval from for this procedure? Any information you can share with me about this would be so greatly appreciated. If you would like you can e-mail me personally my e-mail addy is [email protected] and if you have a surgeon in Upstate NY that you can recomend I could use that info as well. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and best of luck to everyone.
jersey girl
on 9/12/05 6:16 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Topic: RE: gastric bypass terrrible 2s
Debbie, How are you doing? Still a srtuggle to lose those last lbs? I reached my normal BMI, but only reached my personal goal wt after losing the extra skin with PS. So don't beat yourself up, and as long as you reach a normal BMI you are on track and a complete success story. Old habits die hard, and even though I hit goel, I still struggle with a 5 lb fluctuation. Protein is key for me, and staying away from carbs. Have you tried using website fitday.com? It has worked to keep me on track. Some long term post ops also find weigh****chers a help. I personally try to follow the South Beach diet, and sometimes use frozen foods to help with portion control. Lunch is tough for me and South Beach entrees are esp good for lunch; 300 calories, low carb, and as much as 35 gram protein. I also like Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, and w****chers from time to time, and also some Nutrsystem meals on the net are good to try; but South Beach has the highest protein. Good luck, JG
Steph Elaine
on 9/7/05 10:23 pm - Danville, KY
Topic: RE: Met my goal!
When I was obese I would get a tiny bit angry when I heard a skinny girl say they were upset at not losing those last 10 pounds or so. Now, I can totally relate. It's not the pounds, it's getting to your goal that makes the difference. At the OH.com regional conference in Cincinnati a few weeks ago one of the speakers mentioned taking herbal supplements called DHEA or L-Carnitine to increase metabolism and jump start weight loss. The L-Carnitine is a huge pill that can't be cut so if you get it, be careful. The DHEA caused a side effect in me that I hadn't considered - constant arousal. Once I pinpointed it as the problem I had to stop taking it. You can research both on webMD and decide which one, if any, would be better for you. Another thing that worked for me was just drinking tea or water constantly. I get in a gallon a day on average of liquids. I know this because I take a 64 ounce jug full to work each day and have to re-fill it before I go home for the day. Then I work on drinking all of it by the time I go to sleep. Yes, I go to the bathroom a lot, but it really works. God luck! You'll bet there before you know it. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 900 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 783 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1036 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 800 views