Recent Posts

glemlm
on 6/11/09 10:04 am - Martinez, GA
Topic: RE: 1st summer after bypass......
TWO BATHING SUITS!!!  I own two bathing suits.  Never in the past 29 years have I owned 2 bathing suits.  Just finding one was hard enough,  now i have 2 and everything I try on fits..... I love this new life.  And I am not even at my end point yet. 
Linda
Karen M.
on 6/10/09 2:46 am - Calabasas, CA
I'm a 100 lbs lighter and I bought a bathing suit, I haven't worn one of those in at least 15 yrs!!! I'm looking pretty hot if I do say so myself ;) ..lol! No really I FEEL wonderful!! Yesterday I was working out and picked up a 100 lb free weight and could hardly pick it up...how the hell did I carry around that much weight???

Congrats on your first pair of shorts!!!

Darrell H.
on 6/8/09 1:40 am - Sinton, TX
I am right there with you! i participate in my first 5K run on the 20th, then my first triathlon on June 28th. I weighed 470 last summer and now at 234 and dropping, I feel awesome!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
ctmom
on 6/7/09 9:55 pm
RNY on 08/25/08 with
Topic: 1st summer after bypass......
Shorts....I bought shorts for the first time in YEARS!

How are all of the August folks doing?  Life is great here.  No meds (except vitamins)...and I feel like I could conquer the world.  The weight loss is slowing now but I hope to lose about 15 more throughout the summer and hit my goal by my surgery anniversary on the 25th of Aug.

I hope everyone is loving life as much as I am.  This surgery has changed me...and I couldn't be happier!

glemlm
on 5/19/09 2:59 pm - Martinez, GA
Topic: RE: 9 month checkup coming up
As I have been told over and over, everyone is different and if you are doing the right things than we just have to be patient.  I started at 264 (having lost 12 before surgery).  Now at 188 or 190 depending on time of day.  And 9 months is the 25th.  It has been a very long stall for me but I am slowly moving again.  I just have to enjoy wearing the 16s I am wearing (due to height of 5-0) which is better than 26.  I think your doctor will be pleased.  You look great, keep up the great work.
Linda
havoc103
on 5/19/09 7:47 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Topic: 9 month checkup coming up
So my next checkup is on the 29th.
I am so scared of failing and my doc being unhappy with my progress. Anyone else having this dilema? I just don' t feel like I have lost enough. I know we shouldn't compare but I just can't help it. I started this journey at 311 and am currently 210. I started wearing a size 24/26 now I am in 14's mostly, and a few 13/12's. I am running at the gym and have been downing the protein shakes and all my water, I feel like I am the SLOWEST looser on the planet. I have been at this crazy what seems like a life-time stall, any advice to get the scale moving again would be helpful and much appreciated.

thanks, Autumn

TrishMcM
on 4/26/09 3:37 am - UK
Topic: RE: Just checking in on my August peeps
Congratulations...
I am 8 months tomorrow - down 96 lbs - I am delighted with loss.  I am also just in the bmi overweight category - no longer obese! Hooray!
Things are going great for me, no problems - just enjoying being smaller, having a much smaller appetite, and better mobility.
mirandajackson
on 4/24/09 12:47 am - niceville, FL
Topic: Just checking in on my August peeps
Hello to all again!!!  How is everyone doing with summer approaching, Im so excited. I think I may even go to the tanning bed. My legs havent seen sunlight in alot of years YIKES !! (im really white)  I have been watching my protein,water intake and all that jazz and the weight is coming off again.  Yeah ME down to about 185 now that being 120 lost with 50-60 to go. Im 8.5 months out I can do this I just keep telling myself that . Its really nice having all the compliments and being able to shop easier. I did however have a panic attack in the underwear dept at walmart.  I had no idea were to start looking for underwear I always wore the same granny panties size13 now I am in a 7 and had no idea what I would like. I did find some after about 2 hours of wondering what kind to get. But other than that Im GREAT Hope everyone has a Great weekened and get out and do something fun we deserve it.

half
on 4/9/09 2:25 am - TX
RNY on 08/11/08 with
Topic: RE: How are all the August folks doing
I am done 103 pounds.  I had my surgery on August 11th!  Things are going well, but I struggle with drinking enough.  I have been dehydrated some, but loving my new life!  I need 90 more pounds.  Things have been slow lately which is frustrating.  I also have had a hard time with veggies!!!  I am glad that I had the surgery and would not change it for anything!
jkaye72
on 4/5/09 10:49 pm - Kingwood, TX
Topic: RE: How are all the August folks doing
Hey everyone,

I just ran across this board. I had my surgery on Aug. 12th. I lost 38 lbs. before my surgery. My highest weight was 332.8. Surgery was 295, I now weigh 193 this morning. My weight loss has slowed down a bit the last month. This really scares me!! I want to be down another 28 lbs. to my goal. I keep telling myself it will happen !!! Everyone is doing GREAT!!

Jana

38 lbs. lost before surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views