So how are we doing?

Diana W.
on 7/9/03 1:55 am - Minden, LA
Just wondering how all the September people are doing? I had my surgery on the 17th and so far I'm down 150 lbs. Life is SO different. Starting to struggle a little more now, and of close the weight loss is slowing down. So what does everyone do to stay motovated? Diana
Anne G.
on 7/9/03 4:48 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Diana, I had my proximal RNY September 16, 2002 and as of today am down 98 pounds: 5 pounds from goal weight of 145 (I am 5' 7")! Woo hoo! I had a bunch of weight loss the past two months (14 pounds) due to getting my gallbladder removed and having some (fairly minor) complications. What is helping me keep losing at this point: working out 3 times a week at Curves. I love it. I figured out I lose an average of 1 pound and 1 inch each time I do a 1/2 hour Curves workout! LOL! ~anne http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=G1030596824
crewcut911
on 7/9/03 4:48 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 09/11/02 with
Hi there, I have started to slow down on the weight loss too. I want to lose another 40 pounds, and I now lose about 8-9 pounds a month...ergh, its so aggrevating! LOL, getting there tho Dave
Julie M.
on 7/12/03 1:31 am - Maple Valley, WA
I had my surgery, 9/23/2002 and am doing well. I am down 121# so far and have 39# to go to goal weight (160#). I hope to have plastic surgery later this year to remove all the excess hanging skin (tummy, thighs, upper arms) plus maybe a face, breast, and butt lift if I can afford it. I should be at or close to goal weight by 10/2003 and that is when I plan to get my plastic surgery consult. The only problem I continue to have is periodic (once or twice a month) bouts of dry heaves (generally occurs after everything has passed through my pouch) and diahhrea. I know it must be related to food consumption, but have yet to identify the guilty items. I've tried keeping a food journal, but still could not identify the causing agent. Still, even if I continue to suffer this one complication it is all worth it. I have more energy, am happier, and love hearing the compliments from family and friends about my appearance. Just bought some new clothes. I am wearing a misses size 14 (the last time was 35 years ago) and elated. When I tried them on for my husband he just kept saying how great I looked and how impressed he was. I am expecting that by the time I reach goal weight and have my plastic surgery I should be in at least a 12 and possibly a 10. Those sizes were never in my wildest dreams ever a possibility before. This surgery has given me a new lease on life and I am greatful and thrilled to have it. BTW my average weight loss for the past 4 months has been about 8-10# each month. I am fine with that rate. I don't feel deprived. I am still losing and I believe I will reach my goal before the end of this year (I will be half the size I started at - 320.5). Keep up the good work. Julie Miller Maple Vally WA (40 minutes SE of Seattle)
Vivian M.
on 7/14/03 1:32 am - Haverhill, MA
Hi,Hows everyone of sept doing? I'm very happy.I had surgery lap on sept 25,I'm doing great.I have lost 108 already.I still have some more to loose but I'm comfortable with my weight loss.Doing good with foods to.Have a lot of energy now and going to college full time.Weight loss is slowing down too but I look so different now.I have to exercise more with weights for my arms, legs n but I hope they go back in place cause my skin is hanging but I've been walking a lot and seen some pogress.Bye everyone n stay positive always.
Suzanne T.
on 7/18/03 6:08 am - Frederick, CO
Motivation is my big problem right now. I have started to go back to support group meetings to get inspired again to work harder. I have lost #100 lbs so far but am still around 50# from goal. I just bought some exercise equipment and am hoping that I can get on a routine. My worst enemy right now is my intake more than my exercise, but I am working on that. I am happy with my results so far, I just don't want to give up on myself now and not reach my goal. Suzanne
hooper0710
on 7/24/03 6:15 pm - Winchester, nh
Hi all! I am doing great I have lost a total of 158# and am past goal at 135#. I was having some real issues with extra skin but have noticed that it slowly is firming ! I was hoping for plastic surgery but... I think curves 3x's a week is gonna do the trick! I am trying not to lose any more weight at this point (never thought I would say that!) but I am in a size 5 and feel comfortable. my biggest problem is the boobie fairy has repode my chest!!! (not funny)keep up the good work guys and you all look great!!!!!!!!---------------------Vicki
Sarah P.
on 7/31/03 5:47 am - Pensacola, FL
I have lost about 138 pounds but still want to lose another 40... My weight loss is going SO slow, about 2-3 pounds a month now... And I even gain weight at some points... I just try to stay off the scales!! I started at 320 pounds and I'm down to 182 pounds now. I don't have any motivation...It's a real struggle for me right now! I've made a commitment to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and to eat healthy Mon-Thurs but that has not lasted... :o( I don't know what to do...
Patti S.
on 8/2/03 9:27 am - San Diego, CA
well I have lost a total of 132 lbs but I am at a stand still right now at exactly 200lbs! Very frustrating. I finally started working out about 2 months ago and I am starting to lose motivation because I am stuck at 200 lbs no matter what I do...I have only lost 2 bs since 7/17 and its really hard I was hoping to be 185 by my year but it doesnt look like Ill make it. I just keep forcing myself to go to the gym knowing in the long run I will lose it. My eating is bad though I was eating lots of protein but at work theres so much junk around and its hard to stay away from it, escecially being stuck with little motivation. Its just really hard becasue i have lost steadily up to this point...
Kristy W.
on 8/4/03 8:28 am - Otis Orchard, wa
Hi!! Had my surger Sept 4th,2002. To date I have lost 140 lbs and Im still going. The loss is slow these days, but I feel so much better than I ever have.... If I didnt lose another pound, Id still be happy with how I feel now!! I love to work out and lift weights!! However I havent been able to for a few months now. I developed a HUGE hernia on the entire incesion site. Had surgery to fix that a week ago and had my panis removed at the same time. They took 7.2 pounds of skin! YIKES!!!! If I had to put a goal weight down, I'm thinking 20-30 lbs would be nice. Its all possible... in about a month and a half I will be back at the gym.... then WATCH OUT!! Life is sooooooo different. I look younger, I FEEL younger... I have more energy than can ever remember having and I weigh less than when I graduated from HS!! Life is good!! COngrats on the success Sept babies!! Take care and keep up the good work!! ****HUGS****
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 530 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 631 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 510 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 481 views