Recent Posts

Monica K.
on 10/12/10 6:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: 5 years
Congrats!  I think we are all in the same boat, things get easier and we let go of our discipline we had after surgery.  I am a work in progess every day.  I have to remember to exercise (move it to loose it!). 
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
Monica K.
on 10/12/10 6:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Happy 5th Birthday To Me!
Congrats!
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
livelyvc
on 9/27/10 10:46 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: 5 years
 I was surprised when I got the message from OH about it being my 5th anniversary. I'd actually forgotten. But, it's been really good. I lost about 130 pounds initially. I did get to my goal weight of 167 but didn't stay there. About a 9 months ago I was back to 205. I started a workout plan and cut out alcohol and was able to drop into the 190s...I don't weigh anymore, but I'm wearing some of the clothes I wore at my goal weight. All and all I'm happy with the results.

I still don't eat sugar at all--not once knowingly in 5 years, but I do drin****asionally. 

It really is a different world...
Tessy
on 9/15/10 9:07 pm - Castleton, NY
Topic: 5 years today.......
It truly was the first day of my new life.  I lost 125 pounds, gained 20 of the 125 lbs back.  My goal was to be in a size 8, and I am still in a size 8 so I am very happy. 

My life has changed tremendously, pre-surgery I was taking meds for high blood pressure,     colesterol and diabetes, in a deadend job that I hated and  I just wanted to ride a horse, I now own a horse farm and 15 horses, have changed my job and just love it and take absolutely no meds.  .  I am extremely busy full time job and horse farm. 

I have my moments of slipping back into depression and the feeling of worthlessness, but thanks to family and friends, I thank God for the second chance and I snap out of it.

My decision was the best decision I have made in my life.
Ready4 AChange
on 9/14/10 9:34 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Topic: RE: 5 year out today!
Congratulations...mine is the 28th....

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Ready4 AChange
on 9/14/10 9:33 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Topic: RE: Getting my Pani done today
Feel better soon to be chasing that beautiful baby  ( 3 now isn't she ? )

Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

ShandrewsCA
on 9/14/10 8:07 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Topic: Happy 5th Birthday To Me!
Yes, my BIRTHDAY, because I was reborn the day I had my gastric bypass.  I just posted this on another thread, but I will share it again here:

I started out at 280 lbs, got down to 150 lbs after 18 months, bounced up to 173 lbs, and have recently taken it off and am down to 145 lbs.

I didn't get any type of revision. I began to exercise and watched my calories. It's tough, but our "tool" is still there (i.e. pouch). I did it because my workplace had a Biggest Loser competition and it was very motivating and fun!

I have been extremely fortunate and have had no ill side effects, other than the occasional dumping when I think I know better than my body does and want to eat a bunch of sugar or carbs LOL!

I hope everyone is doing well, and happy 5th anniversary/birthday to everyone!

Pre-RNY Weight: 280 lbs (09/14/05)

Lowest Post-Op Weight: 140 lbs

Starting Ozempic Weight: 180 lbs (08/26/22)

Week 1 Weight: 174 lbs (09/02/22)

ShandrewsCA
on 9/14/10 8:03 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Topic: RE: Have u gained? 5 yrs out and looking @ revision.
I started out at 280, got down to 150 about 18 months out, bounced up to 173, and have recently taken it off and am down to 145 lbs.

I didn't get any type of revision. I began to exercise and watched my calories. It's tough, but our "tool" is still there (i.e. pouch).  You can do it!
Texas_Saphire
on 9/10/10 7:50 am - McAllen, TX
Topic: RE: Having Problems at almost 5 years out
I feel your pain. I went through 3 procedures for the same problem! for one year i had to suffer through ER visit after ER visit...until they figured out what it was!

Finally, my doctor (back where i lived) figured it out...it was a kink. he fixed it. but i had 2 more kinks within 2 yrs following that!

i've been kink free for about 1.5 yrs...but every once in a while i will get that familiar bloating and pinching...i pray so hard that i really do think i pray the pain and kink away. Its the worst pain! almost wish for death when i would get it.

I hope u feel better. all i have is hope that pain does not come back. Doc basically said i just have bad adhesions...i'm one of those patients.
Texas_Saphire
on 9/10/10 7:44 am - McAllen, TX
Topic: Have u gained? 5 yrs out and looking @ revision.
Hi all...

I've been gone for a while. Started @ 300lbs. 3 yrs later weighed 150/160...2008, i started gaining the weight. Now i'm @ 200.

Looking at a possible revision in next couple of months and might get the band. Still thinking long and hard about it.

Did you gain? If so, did you get back on track? How...it's so hard. My pouch still keeps in contact with me and reminds me it works...but i seem to not listen and drown it out.

Just looking at all my options...and scared of revision but need to do something desperately.

Thx!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 903 views