Recent Posts

linda D.
on 10/19/06 2:07 am - Holbrook, NY
Topic: article worth reading
I received this article in my email this morning - I think it's worth reading!!! http://www.womenshealthmag.com/article/0,6176,s1-11-67-1161-1,00.html
donnafc
on 10/19/06 2:04 am - Lowell, MA
Topic: RE: I'm Back
Hey Barb, It is so good to hear from you. I thought of you a lot this past month. You have been through so much and I know you have struggled with depression. I also remembered about being a machinist, I find that women who work the trades tend to understand the men relationship things differently. The very first shop I worked at I was 18 years old, I walked in and there were nude centerfolds hanging up all over the place. The darkroom that ended up being mine was littered with magazines and the rest room -a shared one- was disgusting. I have learned to swear like a truck driver when needed, drink like a fish, and speak softly when provoked. I have stood at 5'8 150 lbs (back then) nose to nose, with men over 6' tall with much weight on them. These changes to girlie girl are hard. It isn't that I don't like it. I am enjoying shopping now. I like to have my hair done and makeup on. It is just such a different life. I am used to dealing with guys who **** each other off and then get over it. Maybe the next day at lunch over a pint. With women friends it is different. I have to watch what I say- everyone seems to talk a lot and it takes so long to figure things out.... who knows maybe with the weight loss I will grow some girlie brain cells.... LOL Thanks so much and hope things are looking up for you as well. d
donnafc
on 10/19/06 1:45 am - Lowell, MA
Hey friend sorry I haven't been here, you have been through so much. By the way I loved my rebirthday gift and was thinking about you. I wore the shirt the other day. As I said to Micha I think the confidence level has gotten so much higher that we don't put up with people's crap anymore. I know that I tended to take in what people said and just lived with it. Now I make sure everyone knows how I feel. The guy thing is still weird and I never know if someone is just friendly or flirting.... donna
linda D.
on 10/19/06 1:45 am - Holbrook, NY
Topic: RE: hmmmmmmm help??? :-)
thanx Barb - that makes me feel good hugsssssssss...Linda
linda D.
on 10/19/06 1:44 am - Holbrook, NY
thank you donna you're very very sweet... I, however, am still in the mindset of my "before" picture - that's what I see when I look at pictures or even in the mirror - hence I am starting therapy tonight to try and help get over those feelings...but thank you for being so nice The funny part is I don't consider myself computer illiterate and yet this is just baffling me - I will figure it out and get more pictures on my profile - someday I may even write more on there too hugsssss....Linda
donnafc
on 10/19/06 1:41 am - Lowell, MA
You don't seem like the *****y type. I think with the new confidence we have, we no longer have to take anyone's sh$t. I think about the way our world treats obese people and it is so sad. I just want to shout at everyone. I find that my DH who didn't seem to care about all my guy friends now doesn't partially care for it....I also am weirded out by the attention, now I have to think why does this guy want to talk to me. but hey it is getting to be a lot more fun to be a chickie.... donna
donnafc
on 10/19/06 1:34 am - Lowell, MA
Thanks for the support, I so like not being the heaviest. It is amazing not only and I not the heaviest but most of the time I am the thinnest... who would have ever thought. this whole friend this is just so frustrating. Now I find that I am seeking out other people who just aren't so shallow. Everyone *****plied to this help me so much... donna
Paula Hep
on 10/18/06 10:29 pm - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Topic: What the "friends" thing means...
Hi All, Thought I'd explain what the friend's thing means...now that we're all adding each other... Go down and click on my profile tab at the end of this post. You will see that you now have the chance to either keep your old profile page, or have a one time chance to switch over to the new format which I have done. On the left hand column, you will see a box that says "my friends" and all of my friends pictures have popped up there. Now, before you all go and switch over, I strongly suggest that you send yourself an email of your old profile page's code... You can do this when you're in the update profile page. At the bottom, there's a check box that will let you check it and send you a copy to your email address. You will want to do this to save the codes to where your pictures are and when you switch over, you can just highlight and copy and paste all of your updates into the new section for "my story". This is what I did. You can paste in code for pictures within the box of your text, but cannot do it this way in the "my pictures" box. You have to have your pictures saved to a file on your computer and upload them in this section that way. I've yet to switch them over from photobucket to add them to my computer (I use two computers here at home). I will get to this someday! It all sounds confusing, but it's quite simple. You just should save your old profile to an email and it won't be lost forever when you switch over. You don't have to switch over, it's up to you, you just won't have the new "friends" option on the old profile. Hope this helps... paula
Paula Hep
on 10/18/06 10:14 pm - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Topic: RE: What damage am I doing?
Donna, Bob has to take Vicodin (on his days off) for his bad back and our surgeon ok'd it. It's tylenol based and isn't a problem. It's the aspirin based pain meds that you have to watch out for. You can get dependant on them, so watch for that...But, if you stop when the pain is lessened and switch over to just plain old Tylenol, then do so. Maybe alternate tylenol and the vicodin doses and you'll be better off. Take care of the pain first...you will heal better if you are pain free. It's proven. AND, surgery was just a week or so ago. That's a short time... paula
donnafc
on 10/18/06 10:06 pm - Lowell, MA
Wow you look great. I too use photobucket. Once I learned how to download photo's I haven't stopped. Once down loaded it takes me a few minutes to test which of the "tag" lines I need to use in the profile, I can never remember. I haven't done any since the upgrade so that was the old way. I can't imagine that it is much different. good luck d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 569 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 669 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 879 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 901 views