Recent Posts

Shelly T.
on 1/9/12 8:47 am
Topic: RE: 6 years ago today
Happy Sergaversary

Shelly T.
on 1/9/12 8:43 am
Topic: RE: 6 yrs out and starting to have pain and bloating - HELP
Sorry I havent been on , what have you found out??

Thats how my hernia started out and anything that would make me gassy would add pressure in that area of my tummy. I blew it off for about a yr though because it started when I was about 6 mo pregnant and I just figured it was growing pain and scar tissue and then after I just figured it took away post sergery to get back to normal then non sergical people.

Hope everything turned out well or at least fixable.

Shelly T.
on 1/9/12 8:37 am
Topic: New year new start ??? We can do this :)
I'm back and so are about 25 lbs that followed me.
I decided I am going back to scratch and starting over, On the 14th I am going back to liquids and protines for a week then adding back fruits and veggies.
I'm going to start my day with 20-30 min of moving.... be it walking, skipping rope , climbing my stairs up and down to my basement.

I am going back to vitamins and b-12 and iron first, and getting lots of greens in. Yes they are more expensive in the winter but I AM worth it !! I didn't have this surgery and do all that work to get down to 180 and be healthy just to give it all up in a couple of months of holidays and excuses.

What I think I miss the most is not the support groups they worked the first yr or so of the learning curve but I do miss the accountability posts we had here, it wasn't I had to lose more then so n so or eat better then him or her but more if I lost 1 and not 3  lbs or had a gain or slacked off , well I had people who KNEW what I was going through and supposrt of yeah i messed up too or try this it worked for me.

We need that not just someone who has never been through it but says just do this. We need each other for support and constructive critasism and helpful hints.

Ok this my commitment to myself , I have to be accountable to me first , If i am not healthy for me how can I care for my family and myself in a healthy way/

Who wants to join me? wanna start support and accountabilities posts again??

TorchLake Girl
on 12/5/11 4:02 am - Traverse City, MI
Topic: 6 yrs out and starting to have pain and bloating - HELP
So my roux-n-y went great and I had great results.  Went from size 24 to 8 and lost 120 lbs.  Last year at year 5 my iron was low and I got 3 iron infusions and I haven't felt right since.  I gained 10 lbs in like 5 weeks and bloated up like a balloon, smelly gas and became lactose intolerant.  We to 3 different docs and GI doc and they think its SIBO - small intestine bacterial overgrowth which I've been on 3 courses of Xifaxin but still feeling so bloated especially on my right side above my belly button, it sticks out further than my left side.  Now I'm getting pains on my right side.  Sometimes shooting pains, sometimes just tenderness like a bruise.  And now for the last couple weeks i have burning in my stomach in the morning especially when lying on my stomach.  I've never had acid reflux, heartburn or ulcers so I don't know what they feel like.  I feel like something isn't right inside, how do you know if you have internal hernia, or scar tissue issues or a kink?  Made appt with original surgeon on Dec 19th.  Would a MRI, cat scan or xray or scope show any of these issues?  I need to know what's wrong.  I'm not in a lot of pain, it's just annoying and getting worse and so sick of the bloating! 
livelyvc
on 9/27/11 5:15 am - Alexandria, VA
Topic: 6 years ago today
Funny thing is, I didn't even realize it. I had some free time at work and just began searching the internet and ended up here. On my 6 year Anniversary.

It's been a rough year, but I have managed to not let things get out of control. I'm doing the 5 day pouch test right now to get things back on track, but in general am happy with my body and my decision to have WLS. It really was life altering.

Best wishes all.

Courtney
Tessy
on 9/15/11 11:08 pm - Castleton, NY
Topic: 6 year anniversary,,
I can't believe it has been 6 years.... This past year has been a complicated year, and I have put 10 pounds back, I am now trying to get my self-esteem back and get back to walking before it all snowballs out of control.    I still am alot healthier, no meds and can get around without  getting out of breath, but I promised myself I would not go back to where I was.

Still trying.....  but I will survive.

Congraultaions to all 6 year people...
Shelly T.
on 9/5/11 8:40 pm
Topic: 6 yr ...Just do it in
I started this journey over 500 lbs , Surgery day I checked in at 450 and figured if I was gonna die from this at least I would die trying.

Well it's been 6 yrs since surgery , I have had my pani removed, a hernia repaired and slipped a few times but I am here still.
I'm down to 191 , Never thought I would see under 250 let alone be under 200. When my surgon told me 6 1/2 yrs ago I would be around 150-180 eeventually I told him he was nuts and at the time i was convinced of it , guess he was right afterall..lol I go back in October for my check up due to the bloodwork mess.

Getting my bloodwork back in order, walking agaiin and drinking more water and feeling pretty good. How bout all of you?

Shelly T.
on 9/5/11 7:31 pm
Topic: RE: need help NOW!!!
Sorrry O didn't answer sooner , lots of drama in my life latley.

I also did well till I was 4 1/.2 to 5 yrs out. Had alot going on and not putting myself 1st ,I gained and rather then come here and shame myself and my surgery I fell back into comfort food.
 When I put on a pair  of jeans that didn't realy fit anymore i yhought geez i must have regained a couple lbs .
  I decided to weigh myself and had gone from 201 bak up to 236 , My aunt said well it's only 30 lbs and most gain over the winter anyway. It was my wake up call. I also went to my pcp and told her i was feeling  "off a bit". I told her i was lathargic, constantly nausiated and sometimes just smells of things made me ill and I KNEW for a fact I couldn't be pregnant or i would swear I was .I also asked her to e copy of the bloodwork to my surgons office.

By not eating right all my bloodwork was out of wack , I was saverly animic, my b-12 was almost bottomed out and my vit D was way down, My pcp put me on b-12 injections and vit d once a month and iron 1 time a day. The next day my surgons office called and changed it to iron with vit c 3 times a day b-12 every 2 weeks and vit D once a week for 3 months then back to 1 time a month.

I went baxk to the basics , more protine then anything  on my plate , more water and started watching carbs again, no more then 20 carbs per serving or i try not to eat it. Got healed from my hernia repair and got injection for my herniated discs and went back to walking at least 2 miles a day.

I also set My birthday/surgaversary week as my goal to be back to 201 I figured it didn't go on in a day and the slower it came off the better chance of keeping it off, I weighed in yesterday and was 191 I gained 30 but lost 40 , It can be done if you focus on putting yourself and your health first.. I never dieted I just went back to my new old ways.

You can do it and hopefully by now are well on your way to being back on track.
Shel

onyxstang
on 7/3/11 3:49 am - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
Topic: RE: 5 years
Yes, it takes work! I hear you. I stayed around 130 for four years and after my hip replacement I started to gain because I wasn't working out like normal. I'm finally back on track with eating right and exercising. It takes effort even with the surgery doesn' t it?  Still the best thing I ever did in my life.

Presurgery: 298
Highest Weight: 450
At goal: 130
Currently: 155

Here we go again. Seems to not want to leave my bones this time, so I'm working extra hard on protein, water and exercise.

Wishing all of us luck and health

Jan
Surgery: 9-7-2005
Pre-surgery: 298
Highest Weight : 450
Lowest Weight: 128
Current: 155 (trying to get to 130 again)

onyxstang
on 6/25/11 3:00 am - MCKINLEYVILLE, CA
Topic: RE: How about a weekly weigh in ? Accountability ?
Weekly weighin accountability sounds great! Let's do it
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 575 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 671 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 881 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 902 views