Will be having gastric bypass surgery Oct.25,2007

Viola F. Burris
on 10/5/07 7:53 am - Petrolia, TX
Dr. Kenneth Wornock gave me my surgery date Oct. 25,I'm so... excited!! I have been wanting and needing this for a long,long time.I only have one leg and I am so heavy that it's hard to walk and my good leg is worn out carring me around. I've been reading everyones post and they are very helpful.
mzdazymae
on 10/15/07 6:28 am - VA
Best of luck! May I ask why you chose gastric bypass surgery over the lap band? I am considering weight loss surgery and just curious.
Viola F. Burris
on 10/19/07 7:13 am - Petrolia, TX
Hi Katherine, I chose gastric bypass surgery because after researching the bypass and the band and talking with Dr. W and praying about it ,I know this is best for me. At first I said to myself no way will I have bypass because of some bad stories, but I have found that there are more success stories than the bad ones.Some people that get sick do not follow medical advice,some do and still get sick. And I need this weight to stay off and I know I have a better chance with this surgey.Dr.W does aprox.5000 bypass a year and aprox. 60 a year of the band.I've read stories where the band can slip and it needs to be replaced in about four years.Of course each person has to way the pros and cons and see what they want to do.Also I've had major surgeries all of my life so I think I can handle it with "GOD"S" help. Thanks for your prayers!I will pray that you feel peace when you deside the right surgery.
Most Active