are you still losing?

Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/8/05 9:46 am - Dexter, ME
I haven't lost for about three months now. I started as a light weight( so they say LOL) 258.5 on the day of surgery. I knew my loss would be slower than others, but reallly, I didn't think I'd stop at 11 months out. I'm not losing inches eather. My weight goes up and down the same 3-4 pounds over and over. I've had many stalls along the way. But this has been a complete holt. Has this happened to anyone else? If so were you able to start losing again? How long can we keep losing? or is one year it? Any input will be much appreciated, Brokenwing 258.5/177/130-140
Kolbrun V.
on 11/8/05 8:40 pm - Kopavogur
I am still losing but much slower now. I stalled at 160 lbs for like 3 months so I thought at the time that I was done losing. But here I am at 147 lbs and slowly but surely losing again. I had really given up on my doctor's goal of 140 lbs for me and felt it to be unrealistic. However, I go to the gym 3-5 times a week, walk to work every day and still count my calories. Early in September I suddenly started losing again and now I am only 7 lbs from my doctor's goal My advice to you is to hang in there, follow the rules and I am also a firm believer in exercise. I know that not all agree with me but I would not be 147 lbs today if I had not exercised since 5 weeks after my surgery. It doesn't have to be rigorous. I exercise at least 30 min per day and some days it's just a nice walk, a swim or even just a little dance on my living room floor Good luck Kolla Highest weight -> 327 Before surgery -> 304 Today -> 147 Goal -> 140 (doctor's goal but mine was 150) It's the new me: http://www.pjus.is/kolla/images/index_12man.jpg
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/9/05 3:34 pm - Dexter, ME
Kolbrun, Thanks so much for your reply, you have given me hope. I checked out your pictures. Lady you look awsome !!!!! Brokenwing
slimsweetie2004
on 11/9/05 8:34 pm - Clayton, IN
About 11 months out, is when I probably really seemed to stop losing as well. I'd lose and regain the same 5 lbs or so, for EVER!! I was so frustrated. But, then out of the clear blue ... I lost about 8 lbs more. I didnt do a thing different (I dont think I did, anyway)! Now, I am at another standstill. I guess our bodies are just at the maintenance phase now, and we have to expect this. It was so fun losing it fast, at first ... then it slows wayyyyyyyyy downnnnnnnnn .... I was at a support group meeting the other night, and the lady running it, was a nurse from the St. V bariatric unit. She said to go back to your list of foods you used from the beginning, and start making sure you are only eating the foods on those lists -- no cheating -- make sure you get all your liquids in, and especially the protein, and all your supplements. That should help get the process started again ... I'm so close to the "goal" I kind of set ... that its really hard. I got my new pic up on the profile .. looks pretty good! (if I do say so MYself! lol) Hang in there.
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/10/05 2:31 pm - Dexter, ME
Hi Susan, I tried to post a reply to you early this morning but it would not got though. I sent you a private email insted. I hope you got it. Your pictures are wonderful, you have came a long way and look great. Brokenwing
slimsweetie2004
on 11/10/05 7:54 pm - Clayton, IN
Yes, I did get the email - just been real busy here at work, and hadnt gotten back to this yet. But thank you very much for the compliments. It hasnt been easy, but the rewards are SOOOOOO great. Thanks again! Susan
talkingkatz
on 11/13/05 9:38 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Brokenwing - I'm concerned about the same thing. I did drop 2 pounds this week - but wish I were down to your weight !!! It seems the weight plateaus, drops, goes up, plateaus again. But overall - it is still coming down slowly. I just hope I can get down to below 200 #s (hopefully much more). I just wonder if I'd exercised more and watched my intake closer if I'd have more off by now. Am 52 y.o., so far have lost 142 pounds but I spose tomorrow will be back up in weight a few of those pounds again! Am having heartburn and am concerned I might have an ulcer so have been unable to eat much recently. Thanks for posting this - I wish there were more people responding as it helps to see what is going on with others at this stage of the process. 370/228/160? -142
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 11/13/05 10:33 am - Dexter, ME
Wow! KiKi, -142 pounds!! Thats good work for one year. I'm only down 81 pounds in 13 months. We still have 6 months up to mayhaps another year to lose from what I'm hearing. I just wish I could get the loss started again. The time seems to be passing so fast for me. I bet there are a lot of one year out people at a stand still right now. One of my friends had her surgery April 22, 2004. She hit a long stall and had her weight bounce up and down more than 10 pounds. Now she has told me she is losing again. She lost the 10 gained pluss 10 more. I'm hopping this will happen for us also. Brokenwing
deborahdgale
on 11/13/05 6:57 pm - glace bay, Canada
hi there ive not lost any in the pat while either im bouncing back and forth witht he same 3 to 5 lbs, luckily im at goal now but let me tell you its cary seeing the pounds go up even if it is a pound or two. Before surgury id swear i cuold gain 5 lbs by looking at a big mac funny how things change isnt it.
deborahdgale
on 11/13/05 6:58 pm - glace bay, Canada
hi there ive not lost any in the past while either im bouncing back and forth witht he same 3 to 5 lbs, luckily im at goal now but let me tell you its scary seeing the pounds go up even if it is a pound or two. Before surgury id swear i cuold gain 5 lbs by looking at a big mac funny how things change isnt it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1096 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views