Helloooo Out There!!!

Alberta R.
on 5/10/03 3:40 pm - CA
Just found out this board existed! How are all my brothers and sisters who had a surgery date November 2002 doing? I am doing well. I am down 110 lbs and have about another 90-100 to go. Just taking it 10 lbs at a time. Let's get this board going! I know I can always use the wonderful support I find on this web site. The infamous "they" say the first six months after surgery are the honeymoon period. After that, the weight loss gets harder. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have worked my hiney off (literally and figuratively) getting the first 110 to leave! So, if "they" are correct, I am going to need all the support I can get from all of you. Anyone got some good protein shake recipies?
Mrs. Rich
on 5/11/03 5:07 am - Melbourne, FL
The idea of a honeymoon period ending scares me. I've lost 82 pounds since my lap RNY 11/12. I'm feeling great, looking good (down to a 16/18 from a 2628) but wish I could have hit the century mark.
Janet H.
on 5/12/03 5:51 am - Baltimore, MD
I had open RNY with Dr. Magnuson on November 15th - my new birthday. I've lost about 82 pounds, 92 if you count the weight I was at the month before my surgery. I could probably do better if I exercised regularly but can't seem to get movitated. I feel and look much better. I'd love to network with more MD folks.
B W.
on 5/12/03 7:16 am - DENTON, TX
Wow..good to know that this board is here for us November babes...lol. I'm down about 75 lbs since Nov. I'm scared of the honeymoon period being over too, but I have been a slow looser anyway. I do hope to continue to loose, but I know that I'm in better shape health wise than I've been in years. And I do mean years. Its sad when my 14 yr old can say she's never seen her Mom this small before. Sad but True. So as I proudly walk and attempt to run with a young 14 yr old. I'm in better shape physically than I have been in a very long time. Yes, I need to loose a lot more lbs. But I'm taking it one day at a time and just happy to be where I am today. We've come a long way Baby...lol.
Alberta R.
on 5/12/03 7:45 am - CA
You all sound like you are doing so well! Congrats to each and every one of you. For exercising, I have been doing the walk away the pounds videos. I like them and don't find them too difficult, considering I have another 100 lbs to lose. I find I lose a lot faster if I exercise. Since I tend to be a slow loser, that is a great motivation at this point. So, how are all you doing with clothes? I hate to say, but I love spending money on clothes! I am still wearing plus sizes but can't wait until I don't have to anymore. I also rewarded myself for losing the first 100 lbs. Bought some CZ "diamond" earring studs. Maybe some day, I will be able to afford the real thing. What do you all do to "reward" yourselves when you reach a goal? I am thinking of doing something different for each additional ten pounds that I lose (motivation again)--e.g., buy an album I wanted, get a massage, pedicure, etc. However, money is tight so I don't want to go overboard...
Delores (DeeDee)
Torgerson

on 5/13/03 2:02 pm - leonard, mn
hi every one . i had a vbg 11/4/02 with dr. buchwald . i am down 100 pounds hope i dont slow down soon.
Wendy W.
on 5/18/03 1:38 am - Omaha, NE
Hello! I had Lap RNY on 11/4/02. I'm down 80 pounds as of this morning. I have 68 to my personal goal and 48 to hit the top of my doctor's goal range. I have also been a slow loser, but at least I am losing! What have you noticed that has become easier to do? Friday I actually sprinted up a flight of stairs at work and wasn't winded at the top. Six months ago I avoided the stairs completely!
ckmccall
on 5/18/03 11:50 am - Otis, CO
Hi all you November sibs! So exciting to have this new forum! I had lap rny Nov 13 at Penrose in Co Springs. Have lost 99.5lbs so far. Just .5 away from the century club and it's driving me crazy!!! Maybe by tomorrow. It's amazing how much more energy I have, I outplay my 3 kids! Have about 40lbs to goal, hopefully will reach that by one year anniversary. Look forward to reading all the stories from the other November surgeries! Happy Losing
Marcia M.
on 5/20/03 3:01 am - Somerset, NJ
Revision on 02/20/12
5/20/03, Well I stumbled across this page today. So far I have RELEASED 95 lbs (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!) and 50 more until my goal. This is the best I have felt in my life. My clothing situation is sad, everytime I turn around things are not fitting properly. I am enjoying shopping for new clothes now size 14 some 16 from 24/26 but I am not enjoying the credit card bill (smile). So far so good, no problems eating anything but I am limiting my sugar, just a bite here and therewhen I get a STRONG never half or all of anything. I admit I have not been strict with myself as far as food, now I am trying to get more water/protein since I am now at the 6 month mark and everything I do makes a difference. I joined WOW last week and I plan on working out more to get the last 50 lbs off and tone up. The only down side is my hair is thining some and stretch marks yuck yuck... but it is better than having all of the weight. I hope everyone else is doing well, good luck to you all. I see so many inspirational people on this site. It really is theraputic to know that there are others like yourself. Keep on striving toward greatness
stwine
on 5/21/03 5:38 am - chespeake, VA
im sooo scared im about to slow down,.. First let me say happy six month anniversary to all my november buddies.. cause if you had surgery in 2002 your in your six month stage.. and i know it feelssss GREAT!!! also im down 75 pounds which i should be happy right.. WRONG.. i havent lost any weight in one week.. i know i shouldnt be freaking out, but i am.. i wanna loose some more weight.. im drinking my water.. im eating my protein, and i walk walk walk.. i know i need to do weights or something different.. I know the answer to my questions.. but i just wanted to get some kicks in the butt from my weight lost sistas and brothers.. Thanks for listening.. Ps.. i dont know any good protein shakes.. they ALL make me sick.. All of them
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views