One Year Soon!

Ms Jean
on 10/7/03 10:37 am - Mid, MI
Hello everyone. We are approaching our one-year anniversay. How are things going? What are the issues faced by those of us almost one-year out? I am doing really well, I am down 90 lbs, 10 from my personal goal of 170. My life is so different now, people actually call me thin and are concerned about my losing more weight. They do not have a clue--I want to get to goal so I can maintain with a little wriggle-room in my size 12. I have been on a major plato--losing anything at all is a struggle--like my body has decided on 180 and will not budge from it. I just want to see it move to 179. I am trying not to obsess. Please let me know how you all are doing. I look forward to hearing from you.
meredith1153
on 10/8/03 4:41 am - Littleton, CO
Hi! You look wonderful! And it sounds like you feel great too! Don't think of it as a plateau...think of it as "sustaining your weight loss"...I hit them now and then...but just when I am really frustrated, 3-4 pounds drop off. Like you, my friends and family tell me not to lose anymore and say that "I'll blow away!" I tell them that our bodies will find where they need to be. My surgery was 11/11/02. I've lost 1/2 of me! I've lost 127 and I weigh 127! I went from a size 24-26 to a size 2! I feel GREAT! Keep positive! This was the very best thing we have ever done for ourselves! Now we can live to be very old ladies!
RitaJean
on 10/8/03 6:43 am - White Oak, Tx
Hi Jean, Congratulations!!! Can't believe it has been almost a year...11 months today for me.....I feel wonderful and have so much energy it scares me. Where was all this energy when I was raising my 3 girls?? I am down 84 and 83 inches. I think it is so funny that the inches and lbs are so close. Only 8 lbs to goal at 123 lbs but hubby says to stay where I am....My scales have been very stubborn too and I would love to see 129 just to be there again. Im 55 so its beeeennnnnnn years since I have seen it...lol.... Wishing you the very best in getting to your goal!! HUGSSSSS
Mrs. Rich
on 10/10/03 11:46 am - Melbourne, FL
The idea of being one year out is kind of freaking me out...am I alone? I know I've done well, I'm down 110 pounds as of today and gone from a 26/28 (with a few 30s) to a 12/14 and 16 in jeans. I've lost more than 91 inches and I feel and look better than I've ever looked as an adult. But I wonder if after that year, I won't lose any more. I mean, am I done? Is this it? -- Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views