Scared now that I have a date!!

MARY L.
on 10/10/04 10:19 am - HOLIDAY, FL
I didn't think too much about it except that I wish things would move along so I can get this done. Once I received the date it is like reality has happened and now I am getting scared knowing that in less than 1 month I will have my surgery. I need a pep talk or something to keep me going!
JanetLSE1
on 10/10/04 11:29 pm - Rochester, NY
Mary- What you are feeling is completely normal. I am at a point where I just cannot wait now that I have a date. Sometimes I get scraed but the thought of not going through with this and staying the way I am scares me more!!!!! I know its is such a huge thing but I think of how much better I will feel in the long run. No it won't be easy but I can do it and so can you!!! Email me if ya ever need to talk. Janet
sharon G.
on 10/11/04 10:40 am - baltimore, MD
HI MARY JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE . I AM SCARED TO MY DATE IS NOVEMBER 1. A WEEK BEFORE YOU . I JUST GOT MY DATE ON OCT 7 TH . WOW THAT WAS TO FAST . BUT I AM SO READY TO SKINNER . MY NAME IS SHARON AND I WILL LET EVERY ONE KNOW HOW I AM DOING IF YOU WOULD LIKE . I NEED AN ANGEL I DO NOT HAVE ONE YET .SO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO FEEL SCARED AND ALONE. EMAIL ME ON HOW YOU ARE DOING I NEED TO TALK TO SOME ONE TO THANK YOU SHARON .
MARY L.
on 10/14/04 12:59 pm - HOLIDAY, FL
Thank you for your reply. I have looked forward to this date for such a long time and all of a sudden when I was given a surgery date it is closer than I thought. I told everyone at work this week. All the months that I have been going through the process I never mentioned to anyone about this. After I told everyone I felt a sense of relief. I just don't like not feeling well and am not looking forward to the first few weeks. Everyone that I have talked to that has had the gastric bypass says how good they feel when the weight starts to come off. I'm looking forward to those days. Again, thank you for your reply. Its nice to know that I am not alone on this journey. Mary
LongBeachDiva
on 10/11/04 12:22 am - Long Beach, ca
Hi Mary , I know how you feel . I have been waiting a while and once I received my date my emotions went haywire . They still are so outta whack . I have been emailed by some very wonderful people from this site . Soon you will receive emails and get lots of support . We also share the same date ~YaY~ ! Alena P.S. YOu can email me anytime I will reply
donnap
on 10/12/04 1:31 am - Collinsville, VA
Oh my goodness, do I relate! My date is 11/17/04. I have no doubt that I need to do this, and I WILL do this, but the past week (since I got my date) I'm having problems sleeping. I've got a million things running through my mind. I spent some time this morning looking at the Before & After Photo section, and that helped me tremendously. I WILL have my "After" Photo next year! Hugs to you.
alicefromdallas
on 10/12/04 11:46 pm - Austin, TX
Donna, I understand what you mean. I'm gonna have the surgery on 11/10 and I haven't been sleeping very well either. It didn't help reading about the unfortunate few that have passed after their surgery.... Alice
MARY L.
on 10/14/04 1:22 pm - HOLIDAY, FL
Donna: Thanks for the reply. It is nice to know that there are others out there to support us. I guess we are all in the same boat. I haven't had photos posted yet but by the computer I have my "before" photos with the family when we were in Colorado skiing and white water rafting in NC. Then I have a couple "after" photos of now! How depressing!!. I'm looking forward to looking like my "before" photos once again. So that is some inspiration, the photos. Mary
MARY L.
on 10/14/04 1:15 pm - HOLIDAY, FL
Alena: Thank you for the reply. My emotions are all over the place right now. It is like the last couple of months have been in turmoil because of all of the hurricanes that we have had and no one has thought about much else. But now that there is clear sailing and nothing on the weather maps, we have more time to think about other things such as surgery date. My emotions are mixed. I want to hurry up and get it over with. I'm scared because I don't want anything to happen during or after surgery. I'm excited to get it over with and start loosing the weight and be able to do some of the things that I used to do. Good luck to you and I hope that all goes well. Mary
Mom2tandk
on 10/12/04 10:11 pm - Roanoke, VA
Right there with you. My date is Nov 12th. and it was like the moment I heard that I had a date I was scared to death.. I am realxing more ( i think) I find that I am not as preoccupied as I was. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.. Good Luck Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 810 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views