Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/08 10:50 am
Topic: RE: Weds Weigh in...Confession and vow!
Hey, Girlie! Do it and post the pic... that would be something to see! The clips didn't hurt and my arms looked great. The only thing is that I have so much skin that the regular "bagclip" wasn't wide enough to even pinch an inch. I needed the wide mouth clips to get 'er done. This melted candle wax-look stinks! I found out an interesting measurement... Where the boobage is supposed to be from a PS... Yes, I did ask... The girls are typically measured from the throat hollow of the collar bone down 21 to 23 cm on angle, of course! B-I-N-G-O!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 10:43 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: What's for Supper?
Recipe review: It is chilling in the fridge right now but I just snitched a taste and it is good! The sauce is a little too runny, though. Next time I will leave out the soymilk. If you eat shellfish, this would prob. be good with a little shrimp and maybe some cayenne or wasabi for heat.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/08 10:36 am
Topic: RE: Back in the Saddle Again!
What's going on? Are you still losing or having to increase your intake to stay at this weight? Dry up and blow away! Wicked Witch! ! (Thanks for adding an emoticon... HeHeHe) No, really... Is it that your getting comments, but look OK or that you're not happy with your loss? I'm eating between 1800-2000+ calories per day just to keep from dropping more Lbs. Now I'm hearing that some RnY patients take longer for their bodies to realize that the weight is gone and it's time to stabilize. My body needs to get a clue before I need suspenders!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 9:05 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Recipes
Mmm....can't wait for my zucchini patch to start producing. It has been a miserable gardening summer here in Spokane but now that it is hot maybe things will get going. Usually by now we have zuke's coming out our ears. Thank you for the recipe!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 9:02 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Weds Weigh in...Confession and vow!
Ouch, those clips sound painful! But it would be fun to try that on my face....I could hook two of them together with some elastic and run it around the back of my head. Walaa...instant face lift!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 9:00 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Back in the Saddle Again!
Well, it feels like that when I am out shopping but all the people who 'knew me when' are still watching me like a hawk and that is a bit uncomfortable. But it's good too because it helps me keep on track when I'm around other people. I was pretty much of a hermit once I got really heavy so not too many people beyond work knew how really heavy I got.
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 8:56 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: What's for Supper?
How is your August weather this week? Our week started out nice and mild but has finished out blisteringly hot. Ok, I AM glad to be warm again after being cold all winter but near 100 is just too hot. So...I am NOT cooking tonight! On the menu is a recipe from the Hungry Girl cookbook...gonna make "Crazy Good Cold Sesame Noodles". Wish me luck. Actually, it is shirataki noodles and if you haven't tried them yet you should. They have wonderful numbers and about zero guilt. Woohoo! They sorta blow up in the pouch similar to pasta so you don't want to eat too much but at least they are wheat free too and PROTEIN! I'm gonna sub the PB2 that Melissa sent me so it will be even less fat. (yippee and thank you!) Can't find a link for the recipe so I'll post it here if you want to try it. Crazy-Good Cold Sesame Noodles (pg. 264) (Lisa Lillien) 1 pkg. House Foods Tofu Shirataki, Spaghetti Shape 1 tab. plus 1 tsp. reduced-fat peanut butter, at room temp 1 oz. light soymilk 2 tab. chopped scallions 1/2 tab light or low-sodium soy sauce 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds 1/8 tsp. minced garlic 1 no-calorie sweetener packet optional: salt directions: Rinse and drain noodles well. Pat dry. Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid from noodles and pat them until thoroughly dry. Cut noodles into spaghetti-length pieces. Set aside. In a small dish, combine peanut butter, soymilk, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, and sweetener. Mix well. Feel free to season this sauce, to taste, with salt. Pour sauce over noodles. Mix thoroughly. Top with chopped scallions and mix again. Allow to chill in the fridge. Makes 1 serving 198 calories, 10 gr. fat, 494 mg sodium, 19gr carbs, 6 gr. fiber, 4 gr. sugars, 9 gr. protein Oky doky...I'm off to the kitchen. What's for supper at your house?
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 8:34 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: For those that are interested...Sydnie update
Oh my gosh, she is ridiculously CUTE!!!! Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures, they are such a day-brightener. And I echo everybody else's comments about how great her health progress is too...whew! But I can't believe it has bee five months already since she made her appearance, wow. Time has really flown. Give her a snuggle for me!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 8:31 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Wednesday Weigh In on Thursday
Hi Shawn, hugs and sorry to hear about the gain but I'm with you in thinking (and hoping) that it is just cause of AF's imminent arrival. That is always a lousy thing to experience. Thank goodness you are still watching out for the numbers and are keeping focused n your good choices. Keep up the good work you are doing and that scale will fall in line for you. Hugs!
Geminidream
on 8/15/08 8:28 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Wednesday Weigh In on Thursday
Yay, Diana...you can do it and it will be so helpful now to be away from the fridge. Summer is such a challenging time for all that it is full of beautiful blooms and weather. Hugs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views