starting pre op diet monday

frank1
on 9/30/11 5:55 am - VA
I'm so ready to have surgery and get thru the anticipation. The not knowing of eating very little and feeling full and how that feels is killing me !! In the early 90s i lost 125 lbs on a total liquid diet in four months, that was great, but the support was not there, it lasted abou 1 year. I am ready  for oct 10 !
kellyl1202
on 9/30/11 6:02 am
Good luck-hope the pre op diet is not too bad for you! & yes you will be so glad to have the surgery over with!
richarddavis196
on 9/30/11 6:19 am - VA
Congrats and Good Luck!

I start Tuesday and have my RNY on the 11th!
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 6:25 am - RI
Good luck to the both of you! Day 1 and 2 may be the worst (it was for me and for some people I've talked to)... but keep drinking LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of water and get as much protein as you can out of a shake. SIP SLOWLY. Make the shake last a long time.

GOOD LUCK! 
Blondie76
on 9/30/11 6:36 am - AL
I started today. It hasn't been that bad really. So far ive had a shake, sf fudgesicle, half cup of cottage cheese, and just finidhed a cup of broth with hot sauce in it. I do think its mind over matter.....ive been trying to keep REALLY busy today too!! Good luck when you start!!
carydavis
on 9/30/11 10:03 am
I started liquid diet today too! It's really not bad, but your lucky that you can eat cottage cheese. All I'm drinking are the shakes and water with crystal light. Good Lucky, only 13 more days and counting
Michelle8885
on 9/30/11 10:01 am
depending on ur surgeons preop diet rules you'll be able to eat different things. i'm not allowed any solids. only shakes and clear liquids. my diet is also two weeks long.
the hardest part for me has been day two and three. i'm hoping day four goes by better tomorrow.
day one was a breeze b/c it was a change and something new. but kinda went down hill in energy level since then. i slept most of today away. i feel so lazy but i'm soooo tired.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 439 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics