4 days post op!!

frank1
on 10/14/11 12:22 am - VA
 Doing what I'm supposed to do, trying to take it easy but that's tough. Not having any problems !! It's hard to get the water in, only about 45 oz a day average, walking as much as i can. Still have some pain in the middle of my chest maybe gas or surgery pain. Sleep in bed last night tried to sleep on my side, NOT GOOD, felt like all my guts fell to one side ! Dr still has me on a liquid diet until the post op visit Weds.and not to worry about protein intake this week. Things are going better than expected we'll see when i start to eat !! Thanks to everyone for the support on this journey !!
Bama_Wifey
on 10/14/11 12:56 am - AL
Good morning Frank!  I am 4 days post-op as well.  I also have pain in the middle of my chest but my doctor discovered a hiatal hernia and repaired it while he was in there.  I just assumed the pain in my chest was from that.  Maybe not?  It also hurts me to take a deep breath or yawn.  But, overall, I think I'm doing really well.  I'm still moving very slowly and trying to walk several times a day.  I am going to try to go to the gym today to SLOWLY walk on the treadmill.  I'm having problems taking in all the liquids but I was up to 32 oz yesterday and that excited me!  Hopefully, I will be able to take in more and more with each passing day.  Sounds like you are doing very well.  Just keep doing what you're doing - slowly - and take good care of yourself!  By the way, I was able to sleep on my side last night and it was WONDERFUL!  You'll get there!  Just take your time and listen to your body.  Best wishes for a quick recovery!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
frank1
on 10/14/11 1:05 am - VA
 You sound great !!! We have about the same symptoms and it is getting better. I want to get to the gym put i think that might be pushing it so i'll keep walking around the neiborhood. Yes the water is tough but we got to keep drinking huh!.  I'm gonna keep working on sleeping on my side gotta get off my back !! Keep up the great work, always  nice talking to you !!
Bama_Wifey
on 10/14/11 1:16 am - AL
I live on a major highway so walking isnt an option there.  My only option is to walk up and down my driveway, which is great, but all the neighborhood dogs start barking and they irritate me.  LOL.  I know thats crazy but you would think they would know me by now but even my own 2 labs bark at me!  So, I figured I would try the treadmill today.  Of course I will go very slowly.  I'll let ya know if I live or die afterwards.  LOL.  Nice talking to you too!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/14/11 1:31 am - PALMDALE, CA
Glad to hear you are doing good so far!!! things will get easier as time goes on!!!  I had horrible gas pains in my chest for a few days after surgery, it will go away ,... walk walk walk!!! it helps! Have a great friday, and great weekend!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Kathy B.
on 10/14/11 2:45 am - ME
When you lay on your side, place a pillow between the bed and where your tummy spills over to the side. It will support it. It will feel great!

frank1
on 10/14/11 3:00 am - VA
 Tx I'll definitly try that !!
deano9690
on 10/14/11 4:36 am - CA
Hey Frank, Gary here.  I am right there with you.  I got out of the hospital on Wednesday also.  I have been struggling to get all my liquid in each day as well.  I am able to get my required 60-80 gr of protein in each day, but it does take effort.  First day back I was only able to walk a couple times each day as it was in the 90's in San Diego.  Cooling off fortunately.  I bought a small treadmill before surgery so now I have no excuse to not walk every 2 hours as my doctor has directed me to.  I found I was able to sleep on my right side from my first night back as most of my incisions are on my left side.  I have been experiencing diarhea since I got back, but my doctor told me to expect that too.  Sometimes I wish I could push fast forward and arrive at 2-4 weeks out, but I have to stay in the moment and do the next indicated thing.  I have gone out to meetings a couple times since I have been home, but my energy level is not high so I have been getting a lot of rest wihich seems to be helping.  I wish everyone well and a great weekend ahead as we continue our journey.  Cheers.!!
Most Active
Recent Topics