6 days post-op !!

frank1
on 10/16/11 6:11 am - VA
 Oh my gosh, feeling pretty good. The walking and sipping are working well, the down side is still on liquid diet hopefully till weds.. Gonna try work Thursday and see how that goes ! My mind is messing with me, i think i need to eat because it's what I'm supposed to do at certain times through out the day. I just might fire him, and have him find another fat guy to mess with, because this loser ain't listening !!  HA 
volky64
on 10/16/11 8:23 am
thats great!! keep up the good work!!
Momx4kids
on 10/16/11 9:01 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Good for you! I know I started feeling great arond the 6th day, make sure yo don't overdo it!

RainDiva
on 10/16/11 9:34 am
oh Frank I feel the same way. Its weird not eating my liquid diet is for 2 weeks and not sure how much more liquid I can take at this point. My mind is playing tricks on me too. I have a lot of head hunger because I was use to eating whatever and whenever so its really hard because my pouch is in charge and not my brain

Bama_Wifey
on 10/17/11 7:49 am - AL
Frank, you hang in there buddy!!  I really havent felt the urge to "eat" but occassionally out of habit, I will see almonds in the cabinet and want to grab one just out of habit. Old habits are hard to break but definitely not impossible.  I usually sit down with my WLS Binder that my doctor gave me and start reading thru it again.  It helps keep me focused on doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I still have trouble getting everything in but I'm still trying.  I'm just never hungry.  BUT, I did progress to pureed food today and had a tiny bit of refried beans w/ a sprinkle of cheese and non-fat Greek yogurt.  It was barely 1/4 cup total but it was awesome! (I added unflavored protein)  I survived my walk the other day and walked for a half hour this morning.  I'm going for another one shortly.  Hang in there Frank and stay focused.  I am also hoping to go back to work on Thursday and hopefully once back on a normal schedule will help me remember to eat and drink.  Lots of luck to you!!!
HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
Most Active
Recent Topics