Not the best way to spend a weekend..

Kelly L.
on 4/26/12 7:00 am - San Jacinto, CA
 I was hospitalized for the third time since my surgery in October last weekend. I'm not sure I could have avoided it but I could have made it a little easier on myself! I was dehydrated (again!) the odd thing was I didn't even know it. 
This particular visit started with SEVERE abdominal pain. Right in the pouch. I had taken about 4 bites of a teriyaki bowl.. Three bites of chicken, and a piece of broccoli when WHAM!!! Horrible pain struck.. I was on my back trying to breath and figure out WTH was going on. Let me tell you, my Lamaze breathing didn't help with this pain either but at least I stayed calm enough to be rational about the whole thing lol. Initially I thought maybe something had gotten stuck, although I had never had that experience before I have read here that it happens. After an hour of really terrible pain it calmed down to a low roar... I had some pain MEDS left over from my last issue ( ulcers) so I took a small dose and waited for the sun to rise ... Hoping that I would feel better, no such luck.
In the morning (Friday) I called my bariatricians office, of course they only work till noon on Friday so the nurse advised me to head on over to the ER. I emailed my program administrator and she got my surgeons resident to see me ( having learned from previous experience that even though this is the hospital that performed my surgery, they don't know what to do with a bypass patient ;)-  ) after some consultation they did a CT scan and determined that my intestine from my stomach remnant was inflamed..and my gallbladder is acting up ( looks like that will be leaving soon). They never figured out what had caused the initial pain , which is somewhat frustrating. The really interesting thing about this visit was how freaking dehydrated I was... All of my enzymes were off the charts. That required a round of mag sulfate (OUCH) and some potassium . I don't recommend either as a weekend getaway.my heartbeat was winked out from all of this and because I was so low on fluid it took 5 ivs to get me through the weekend.
The lesson here is drink your LIQUIDS!!  Just sayin

HW 274. CW 129

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/26/12 7:17 am - Baltimore, MD
So sorry you were feeling bad. Yes, drink those liquids!
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/26/12 7:57 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I sure can think of better ways to spend the weekeknd!! , I hope things get better for you

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 422 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 261 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?