3 years later ....

I_love_my_soldier
on 7/27/12 10:02 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Hello!
My name is Michele and I had RNY 3 years ago. I am STILL losing weight. I still have not reached my goal, sadly. I am a size 6 from a 16 but the scale doesn't move much. I am 157 and I looked at my blog (I have not been on OH in over a year or two) and I was 160 two years ago. So not much has changed but I am losing inches. Just recently, I dropped 4lbs. I seem to drop 4/5 every 6 months or so. I usually gain a few and not because of bad eating either. I think my problem is that I do not eat enough. I still take vitamins and eat a lot of protein, however, I still struggle with getting enough calories. I eat about 600 on a good day. I use myfitnesspal on my cell to track calories. I still do not have the ability (thank GOD) to eat as much as I once did and I can still control my portions most of the time. I still have my moments every now and then... recently I bought a pint of ice cream and I had not had ice cream since surgery. I had a few bites and got so sick that I decided it cured me of having ice cream again for another few years. I still have to be careful with my sugar. All in all, I am so glad I had surgery. I wish I could afford plastic because I think it would change my size 6 to a 4. My arms are terrible and I still wouldn't dream of wearing short sleeve shirts and I hate wearing shorts. But I am happier as a person! I hated the guilt of over eating like I did before. I don't have that anymore. My biggest fault is fatty coffee! 
Good luck to all the newbies! 

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

I_love_my_soldier
on 7/27/12 10:14 pm, edited 7/27/12 10:15 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

Laura in Texas
on 7/27/12 10:19 pm
600 calories is not nearly enough. I worry you have screwed up your metabolism. I'm almost 4 years out and usually eat around 2000 calories a day.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

I_love_my_soldier
on 7/27/12 10:34 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
I battle with this constantly! I try and try to increase my calories and I cannot. My first few months of surgery were less than 100 calories.  I actually eat MORE now than before surgery. Crazy as it sounds. Most people cannot believe it but before surgery, I would go on liquid diets to lose weight. It never helped but I would try and try. I would go weeks without food. I think I am paying for it now. If I want to lose weight, I have to drop my calories to under 300. Then I lose for a little and stop. I will increase them up to 600 again, lose a few more, gain some. It is a battle all the time. I definately think my metabolism is really messed up.

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

Dee.spunk
on 7/28/12 12:46 am - Sacramento, CA
I think you've done fantastic! A size six is awesome. I wish I could get down to that size. I have a feeling it winnt happen for me though. I'm a 14 right now, and my goal is to get to at least a ten, but I'm actually pretty happy where I'm at now. Feel way batter than before, so that's what matters.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Larry Wassmann
on 7/28/12 12:52 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
You look absolutely beautiful. I don’t think anyone other than your NUT or PCP should tell you how many calories you should eat. I have never ever been able to eat many calories and expect to maintain or lose weight. I have had many tests of my metabolism and mine is very slow.  I don’t think I will ever see the day I will be able to eat much more than 1200 calories a day if I want to keep my weight off that I have so far. That is me in my body not someone else who may be different.   Like you, now I can only eat such small portions that I would have to eat almost contently every day to get a lot more in, and that is not a good healthy way to live.  You may want to pick up your exercise a little, or try eating something completely different from your normal diet. I have been told that sometimes kick starts you losing again….but hay you are a beautiful young woman and you should be very proud of what you have done. Congratulations   

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

devalissh
on 7/28/12 1:26 am - TX
YOU LOOK GREAT.  Just wanted to say hi to my fellow armywife and killeen resident.
Price S.
on 7/28/12 5:52 am - Mills River, NC
Sounds like you are doing ok but I would worry that with 600 cal. you aren't getting enough protein, esp if part of that is fatty coffee. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

I_love_my_soldier
on 7/28/12 10:24 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
You all are fab! Thank you for the compliments! Larry- you made me blush! Thank you! I do struggle to get in enough calories too. & for most of my life, from 13 until I had surgery at 30, I always skipped breakfast and lunch. So, as you can imagine, my metabolism is really messed up between that and my liquid diets. I will never be right on track. I will never eat as much as the next. Is it healthy? Probably not, but I cannot change it. I cannot just jump into eating 2000 calories a day. I would probably go back to being obese. This works for me and it is what I have learned to deal with. At least now I eat breakfast and lunch. I eat 3 healthy meals, which is more than I did before surgery. SO I am still healthier. I do get in my protein, but not as much as I should. I know that. But I do focus on it. I eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast, greek yogurt for lunch (sometimes 1/2-3/4 of a green yogurt), and usually a veggie burger or grilled chicken with veggies for dinner. I snack on cheese sticks, fruit, veggies, etc... I do try. & for those who are still losing...I thought I would never see a size 6! I was dying to be a 10! I would have been happy at anything other than 16! It took 2 1/2 years to get to a 6, I have always been a very slow loser (look at my blog), I usually lost 2 or 3lbs a month on average and most people lost much more (again, my metabolism) but I am STILL losing at almost 3 years out. I don't know if I will ever lose more. My scale still haunts me with the fact that I am not my goal weight of 140 and still considered overweight on the bmi scale. But , I am happy and that is what matters. I also had a child 18 months ago and I gained 20lbs during my pregnancy and lost 30lbs within months of having him. So I think I am doing pretty good. You all will get there too! I promise! Just do what you are supposed to do and what you feel is right for you. Hang in there!
Michele

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 433 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views