Clothing sizes are weird!

Kelly L.
on 8/27/12 9:21 pm - San Jacinto, CA
SOOO.. I know that sizes have changes since I last was able to shop in regular sizes. When I was younger I wore a size 11 at 150 pounds. Now at Walmart in the Rider jeans I am wearing a size six... Today, I bought a pair of Levi Skinny Jeans in a size eight. I weigh 145.. I am blown away that anything in my closet has single digits lol.. But it seems weird that every store has a different size ratio. Just saying

HW 274. CW 129

Ladytazz
on 8/27/12 10:02 pm
It's vanity sizing.  The clothing manufacturers found that people were more likely to buy something if the number on the tag was smaller.  To me the numbers on the tags mean nothing, just whatever the manufacturers want it to mean.  I have clothes in my closet from size 0 to 6, small to large.  What used to be a 10 is now an 8 or even 6.  I hate it because I hate to try on clothes and I would like to just pick out something I like in a size I can wear but it's too inconsistent to count on.
That isn't to say that you aren't doing great and that you aren't really tiny, just that the sizing on clothes is different then it used to be.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kim S.
on 8/28/12 6:17 am - Helena, AL
I found the same issue with plus sizes.  You must try everything on-even the same brand/size will fit differently.

I love the Lee Riders.....they are just the right cut for my shape.

Whatever you do, please do not get hung up on size.....go by fit, and tailor to fit you perfectly.  The best compliment to your hard work is clothing that fits perfectly.

paranoidmother21
on 8/28/12 9:41 am - Lake Zurich, IL
When I was in high school (so going back over 40 years) I weighed 125 and wore a size 12/14. I had 2 belts that I absolutely loved, and wore with my hip huggers all the time.

I now weigh between 130-135, and wear a size 2/4 (mostly - a couple 6s, a couple 0s, Kim is right on when she says try EVERYTHING on). I wear those same belts (told you I loved them - kept them forever) with the hooks in the same holes on my low rise jeans and pants.

Yeah, vanity sizing for sure.

I've decided that sizes on clothing are simply the manufacturer's way to track inventory, and have nothing to do with reality or human sizing.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 429 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views
Recent Topics