Are there any foods I won't be able to eat ever again?

dragonlove
on 7/21/14 9:09 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I know some people who have had a problem with pork after surgery. I don't have a problem. For some reason though, bananas don't sit well with me.   Anything I eat too much of causes discomfort. LOL

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

basilmk
on 7/21/14 11:11 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Im six months out and have chosen to avoid sweets.

Although I have tried, I can't seem to tolerate chicken unless it's canned, like tuna. I also have trouble with salmon.  Just one small bite lets me know I need to find another protein.

One of my big problems was the candy display at every checkout...even the big department stores have a selection of Godiva. CNow, i look at the sweets, think about the taste for a second and appreciate that moment and walk on.

And, after drinking up to eight Diet sodas every day, I think that the artificial sweetness of it would now be unpleasant.

Can I eat anything I want to? Sure.  Do I? Not anymore!

Congratulations on your decision. In a few months you, too, will be in a position to make the choices I'm making now.

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

siberiancat
on 7/22/14 1:09 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Probably.  We are all individual - so you will just have to wait and see.  There are more foods I "choose" not to eat, than foods my body won't tolerate.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Bibo
on 7/29/14 9:21 am

Even if I didn't have the surgery, I cannot eat sugar any more...I am like a drunk in a bar with that. And, I just pay attention to the meal I am in at the moment.  One bite at a time. Having said that, after surgery, one year and three months later, I still cannot tolerate salmon, or milk or more than one bite of pork. I don't "dump" (some of my medication has sugar in it), but I wish i did, cause I still have a lot of lower GI issues that I had before surgery. One major thing that changed for me is that I can "feel" my food in my new pouch now, and I can "feel" when my stomach is full or hurts....I couldn't really tell as a pre-op....everything just felt "hungry"...but as a post op, I can tell the difference between head hunger and actual hunger, if I get busy and forget to eat or am running late for dinner or something.  It's also much easier to understand when I am full, and I don't want to overeat.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 10 replies · 117 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?