Found a protein powder I actually like!!

Catsi51
on 9/27/15 7:30 am

Most of the protein drinks I have tried have been a no-go for me. Someone recommended Unjury powders and I ordered a canister of all 3 flavors. I didn't expect to like them but wow! They are pretty darn good! I've never been a big sweets eater so I have been worried about getting tired of chocolate and vanilla and other sweet flavored protein drinks - Unjury has a chicken soup flavored one, and a non-flavored that can be added to just about any liquid without changing the taste. The chicken soup is surprisingly good and I'm sure will help me get through the liquids-only phase after surgery. My date is this Monday, Sept. 28th - can hardly believe it's finally here!! Anyway, for those of you struggling to find a protein powder/drink you like, I recommend Unjury. You just might like it!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

selhard
on 9/27/15 7:45 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

WISHING YOU WELL, CHEERING YOU ON AND WILL BE THINKING OF YOU TOMORROW!  Canisters--brave...it's suggested on here to order the envelopes instead of canisters in case you don't like or tire of Unjury.  I like it, too...mixes well, 100% whey protein isolate, medical quality,made in the USA, and the website is www.unjury.com 

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/15 12:31 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Glad you like them! They're the only 100% whey protein isolate powders I can stand. Just a heads up in case your tastes change or you find you just have too much after surgery, they let you return any opened or unopened containers for a full refund or exchange. I discovered I didn't like the strawberry, and a few months after surgery I had way too much of the unflavored and chicken soup that I was just never going to use since I was getting my protein mostly from food anyway, so I emailed them and they let me send them all back to exchange for chocolate splendor, which I still have for breakfast every morning.  

selhard
on 9/27/15 1:46 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Funny, I am thankful for Unjury accommodating my request to exchange strawberry for chocolate, too.  That's part of why I plug them often.  Unjury customer service is splendor.

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/15 3:41 pm

Best wishes tomorrow. 

Karen R.
on 9/27/15 4:44 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Best wishes for a painfree recovery, I'm 2 weeks out and doing well, so will you!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Sunshine411
on 9/27/15 6:17 pm

Good luck...take your pillow for ride home n possibly if needed at hospital.  First week I was sore mainly where stomach is and I could barely sit up to get out of bed but it gets better each day...I'm 12 days out today n moving around fine...still get a tender spot pain once in awhile but you would never know I had surgery...went to a wedding yesterday...buffet didn't even bother me or cake...took my Greek yogurt had a few T of it n I was fine...so not me before!  You will do great n ten days after you will be like piece of cake...I was great at hospital too until drain removed that's when I got sore.  Best wishes keep us posted.

Catsi51
on 9/28/15 3:45 am

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WELL WISHES! I'M UP, SHOWERED AND JUST CATCHING UP HERE AND DOING A FEW LAST MINUTE THINGS BEFORE HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL. I EXPECTED TO ******VOUS WRECK BUT I'M STRANGELY CALM INSTEAD! JUST GLAD TO BE FINALLY GET THIS PHASE OF THE JOURNEY STARTED!! BUT BOY AM I THIRSTY - AND OF COURSE NOTHING BY MOUTH SINCE MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT - SIGH!! MAYBE THEY WILL LET ME SWAB MY LIPS ONCE I'M AT THE HOSPITAL. ANYWAY - OFF I GO. I'LL HAVE MY PHONE AND KINDLE WITH ME SO I WILL UPDATE ONCE FEELING UP TO IT. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY AND A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!

CATHERINE

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"