Good Sunday morning, what's your plan for the day?

Melody P.
on 4/28/24 1:37 am - Amarillo, TX

THIS! LOL. I don't usually follow recipes to a T unless they are baking and it's my first time trying it. But every single cooking show seems to have this issue. All I really watch is PBS cooking shows though. ATK is pretty decent but a lot of recipes call for mail order supplies for me.

Good morning y'all.

Not a lot happening today. I am finally really starting to notice a difference after taking the flucanozole for two days. I am so glad it is too. I was about to take sand paper to my lips and tongue. Relieved doesn't begin to describe it. I still can't wear my bottom denture but I'm not even going to try until Wednesday when they do the soft liner. It's feeling so much better, pain wise. The thrush didn't seem to interfere with healing in that way so yay.

my niece made us watch Five Nights at Freddy's. So not my thing. She loves the music to it and they sing it at their DnD gatherings. Yesterday was fun though so no big complaints. They had tacos and burritos while I had about 1/3 of a cup of ramen noodles with the broth. I got some pho broth yesterday that I'm looking forward to today.

QOTD: what is your biggest internet pet peeve?

Mine has to be the keyboard warriors who act like tough **** on the internet but in real life don't back it up. Which describes half of my blood family. Guess you could call it two face-ness too. It annoys me so much. Unfortunately it's a lot what they're like in real life but it's annoying in the wild too. Reading news stories the replies are just horrendous.

food is eggs, broth, eggs, cheese and maybe something exciting like refried beans with some green chilies. Food has stopped burning the hell out of my mouth so I can actually taste good again. For two or three days I didn't eat anything but eggs and some broth. I ate some flan because my blood sugar was low and I gagged on that.

have a wonderful Sunday folks. Hoping your week is off to a good start!

White Dove
on 4/28/24 4:42 am - Warren, OH

So glad things are getting better with you. That kind of pain is so hard to get through.

I have no pet peeves with the internet. Having been a programmer since 1966 I am still in awe of the internet and computers in general. I never really believed that they could come as far as they have.

I love keeping up with relatives on Facebook and have blocked any that annoy me. I want to see great vacations, great kids, and lot of pictures of cats and dogs.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 4/28/24 5:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I rarely use recipes but stick to very simple ones if I do. Too many ingredients or weird items? Next... I had the loveliest day yesterday. We hiked, did laundry cleaned the entire house, the garage, trimmed the yard, ran errands - all the things. Then around 3 in the afternoon, we realized it was our 6th wedding anniversary. Apparently I'm not big on remembering our wedding day, but I remember our meetaversary every year. Rob is the same and we're thankful that we're not the type to get upset at this! We elevated our planned dinner to include corn on the cob, a bottle of wine, and a fire. Fancy - right? It was really nice. Today will be an other hike, more garage organizing, putting away clothes and Kiddo is coming over. We are making a big pot of hearty soup - should be fun, I really enjoy cooking with him.

QOTD - My current internet pet peeve is - Diet culture fear mongers. Stop instilling fear in people to sell your product. I'm loving the ones who call them out and school them.

Accountability - while I had one big glass of wine that I didn't finish and the whole delicious corn on the cob, I didn't eat much else for dinner I was so full. Still - 178.8. Just a good reason to hike further today.

B- coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble

l - Ham and cheese sandwich or leftovers

d- soup - no recipe, but will have - chicken breast, fresh and frozen veggies, diced tomatoes, green chilis and all kinds beans - probably mexican flavors, but could totally go italian. oooooh, wheels turning.

Have a great day!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Grim_Traveller
on 4/28/24 6:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy anniversary!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 4/28/24 8:13 am - Warren, OH

Happy Anniversary. I love corn in early spring and plan to have some today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/28/24 9:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

looks like rain again today. Good thing because I still have a lot of this book to read before the discussion group meeting tomorrow. When I need a break from reading, I'll work on the house. I spent about 90 minutes yesterday on the master bedroom - amazing what you can get done in that time! (in addition to cleaning it, I made some headway on going through my clothes - but it'll take quite a bit more time to go through all of them).

QOTD: comments on news articles. I keep telling myself to quit reading them, but then I'm back at it..

protein oatmeal topped with L&F creme brûlée yogurt and a couple teaspoons of tahini (had the same breakfast yesterday - kept me satisfied for HOURS...)

coffee with half & half

protein shake

not sure about the rest of the day, but we have lots to choose from - various Greek yogurts and skyr, two kinds of compote to top them with, cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie, Beyond Burgers, fake chicken patties, Loma Linda taco filling and southwest burrito bowl, chocolate "mousse" (made with cottage cheese), roasted veggies with peanut sauce, salmon - forget what else, but we have A LOT of stuff!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 4/29/24 1:12 am - Amarillo, TX

I do the same with the news articles. I think of it like a train wreck..even though you know what's coming you can't help but look. It bowls me over to see how people can be soooooo stupid and uninformed for just about any subject out there.

Most Active
Recent Topics