So how was the Annual "Let's all over eat" Day for everyone?

Catek2652
on 11/25/16 5:04 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I'm wondering how others did.

I did well by bringing my little portions plate and sticking to that and weighing out my turkey portion. I  put my measured turkey meat and about a half cup of green veggies on my plate and then took about 2 tablespoons of the sweet potato mash without the marshmallows. I think that was my mistake. I forgot somehow that my sister-in-law is a Georgia girl and puts sugar in everything. It tasted great. And I'd eaten about a tablespoon of it before I realized how different this sweetness was from my normal artificial sweetening and that I find plain old sweet potatoes pretty sweet without adding anything to them. Within 30 minutes I was feeling ill.

I went outside and took a walk and the fresh air helped a little. I chewed my calcium tablet which did not help (but at least I got it in). I did not actually get sick, but I felt ill. My husband could tell I did not feel well (the man watches me like a hawk).

We got home after a 2 hour drive and I still didn't feel well, but was feeling a little better. I chose not to eat anything for an evening meal other than a protein shake about 8 p.m. and went to bed at 10.

This morning I'm fine and I actually lost a pound per the scale... but wow, that was a significantly unpleasant experience. I am glad I was not so sick that we had to leave early as getting all my sibs and family together is a rare event and we do enjoy each other a lot. I did not tell my SIL that her sweet potatoes made me sick. I just won't eat any next year.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

RJC5197
on 11/25/16 5:12 am - MI
RNY on 05/17/16

Good work

I over ate on fruit, but stayed away from my old favorites of stuffing and cornbread 

I was able to get in a 1 hr spinning class in AM so it also helped balance it out.

I too noticed the large amounts that others ate, compared to mine, but no one made any comments on my portions.

It was also nice seeing some family I have not seen for many months, and the nice comments on my weight loss.

Peanut15
on 11/25/16 5:41 am

I guess I am lucky in that I am only a few days post op. My family had football snacks and watched the games all day. Ever. Though they were eating some of my favorite snacks I have no desire to eat. I just focused on them the game, and trying to get my water in. 

achelle131
on 11/25/16 6:29 am
RNY on 08/30/16

I was able to steer clear of all sorts of carbs, and kept it protein and vegetables. Unfortunately I still nibbled here and there (DH brought home a gazed ham and there were porkrinds, etc), so my calories, which are normally between 600-800, ended up being just about 1000 yesterday. Today is a new day though!

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

The Salty Hag
on 11/25/16 7:25 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I think did okay. I had a little bit of almost everything, but skipped cranberry sauce and the sweet potato casserole-we didn't have corn or mac-n-cheese. ( When did that become a common side for Turkey Day? ). I'd made the dressing-I put a LOT of sage sausage AND roasted turkey meat into it, so every small bite of bread I took there was as much protein along with it.  

Before dinner, I drank 1/2 glass of wine while doing last minute prep-I made my hubby drink the rest. 

I also had 1/2 of a small slice of a sugar free pumpkin cheesecake I'd made. My MIL had made an apple pie; I skipped it.

I didn't feel guilty taking a small bit of carby stuff because I was so busy Wednesday and yesterday that I'd barely eaten. I definitely drink enough water, so I'm making up for that today.  

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

catwoman7
on 11/25/16 7:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think the mac & cheese side is more common in the South than in most parts of the country (I've lived in various places in the South and Midwest - I don't hear about it much up here...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

The Salty Hag
on 11/25/16 8:04 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Yes, that makes sense. I've lived in SC for 15 years, but I only started seeing it a few years ago. I was probably just not paying attention to things...haha. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Grim_Traveller
on 11/25/16 4:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Mac and cheese has gotten more common in New England the last several years as well.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/25/16 7:32 am

Over the years I learned to ask questions about how the food was prepared. Or simply skip the dishes that has potential to hurt me.  Feeling ill is just so not worth the 5-10 min of eating pleasure. 

If you that sensitive to sugars watch for diet drinks that are served in restaurants. Sometimes they get mixed..and unless I can see a can or a bottle the drink came from - I don't get the diet fountain drinks. I got sick a few times.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 11/25/16 7:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I ate way more than I planned to - 1400 kcal rather than my usual 1000-1200 - but all in all, I guess it wasn't too bad.  I'll just eat lightly and exercise the next couple of days.  I did sample everything except for the mashed potatoes, rolls, and dessert.  I'm up 1.5 lbs this morning, but I'm sure it's sodium from the stuffing and the gravy.  Hopefully I can get rid of it by the end of the weekend!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 456 views