What's the plan for Sunday?

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 1:30 am - Amarillo, TX

For some reason that meme made me giggle. Maybe it's the kid in me....LOL

Good mornin y'all!

Not a lot going on here. We're having a tiny gathering for my nieces birthday! I made her a dice bag with chainmaille that I hope she'll love. She started playing dungeons and dragons. I don't really understand the game other than a few tidbits. I also got her a bulk amount of dice sets. The bag holds roughly 24 dice so three sets. I am going to make myself a bag for some reason...I just like em!

Pain levels are simply horrible. I am really not a fan of it. My back is really really bad. Nothing is touching it so I am not sure what is up. Bending is a no no.

We're doing pasta today since that's what Rachel wanted. I am also making an apple crisp type thing with Caramel. I think they're called dump cakes. It's what she wants so that's what she'll get! I hope she likes what I got her. Some serious art supplies since she is so into it. A bag for all of it. Some Pokémon cards and the dice bag and dice. Did I go overboard? Most definitely. She is worth it and the other kids are worth it too.

QOTD: anything special planned for the week ahead?

The biggest thing going on for me is the dental stuff getting figured out and the plumbers are going to inspect the plumbing. They do it every 2-3 months and put some cleaner down the drains.

B: eggs, sour cream, cheese and coffee x 2

L: probably a small amount of spaghetti noodles with a lot of meat and some sauce. I might have a ting bit of the Alfredo sauce but none of the ravioli.

D: likely will be leftovers

a meme and the dragon scale dice bag!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/7/24 2:20 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

I hope your pain subsides even a little and that you're able to get your teeth addressed. You've got so much going on! Beautiful dice bag for Rachel, and hope she appreciates the good and companionship today.

My family is out for the eclipse and watching the weather. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, totally taking advantage of the extra sets of hands on deck. My pole barn is repaired as much as possible and we're going to change the light bulbs in the living room. Exciting! Also used the excuse to go to a decent seafood restaurant yesterday. I knew they'd pick up the check and got mussels and sausage in a steam bag. Still delicious.

Accountability was half a chocolate stout and some local chocolate. Maybe I made up with that hanging off a ladder for creative physics yesterday?

QOTD- Eclipse stuff, followed by work meetings and presentations. I need to get back on my gym schedule since this is my one all-inclusive month. Had to cancel last Friday as I had crummy symptoms Thursday night and didn't want to exacerbate them. I wonder if exercise makes that stuff worse, even with compression garments? TBD, I guess!

Anyway. House is clean. Family time...just waiting to feed the dogs. Happy Sunday, friends!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/24 4:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That bag is gorgeous!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 10:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Queen JB
on 4/7/24 5:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! That bag is amazing!

We might go down to our favorite lighthouse today. Despite the fact that it's still in the 40s and will. not. stop. raining. the lobster shack we love is open this week for the unofficial start of the summer season. It's time to celebrate!

So that answers both the QOTD and my menu, lol.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 10:45 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

hope y'all had an amazing time!

catwoman7
on 4/7/24 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

my first day volunteering at the film festival went well. Easy job - and I got to sneak in and watch the movie, too! It was a Sudanese film called "Goodbye Julia". Wonderful film! I'm volunteering again today for four more hours then seeing a film afterward (one I "paid" for - although I really didn't pay - I got free passes for volunteering). Can't remember the name of it - although the ones I'll be volunteering for weren't of much interest, so I doubt I'll sneak into them if given the chance. These will be shown at one of the student unions on campus, so there are things to do during our down times.

My mother really likes her home health aides, so I think this will go well. For now anyway, I think having someone there for an hour every morning, and me popping in for a few minutes most evenings, plus her emergency service (she wears a pager thing around her neck), she should be O****il if and when she needs more one-on-one assistance. I know she doesn't want to go into assisted living, and I don't think she will just yet - probably not until she needs a lot more help (at which point it'll be cheaper to go into assisted living). Anyway, I'm relieved.

QOTD: I'll be seeing films and/or volunteering at the festival every day this week.

coffee with half & half

skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, rye crumpet with butter and jam

protein shake

one of those Earth Grown/Loma Linda burrito bowls

I'm at the theater from noon until 9:30 pm, so I'll take a couple of protein bars with me

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 4/7/24 5:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning - Dragon scales, how clever! She's going to love it. Yesterday was not as productive as planned, but not lazy either. I took little girl (our pup, Chloe) on a mini hike. Even though it was windy and cold, the sun was amazing and energized me. I'm getting back to cooking, it seems like I have been easy meals a lot lately but I really enjoy cooking and creating. I made japanese cucumber salad yesterday that turned out amazing! I can't stop snacking on them. I'm always so ambitious planning the day, but not today. I will take little girl on another hike or to the park and do some cleaning. If kiddo comes over he wants to watch Quiet on the Set, me too. Dinner will be his favorite - he's only been asking for years, so it's happening tonight.

QOTD -Work and I have my 1 year surgiversary and WLS appt on Wed so that means I need to get bloodwork! Crap. I need go in tomorrow at 6am now.

Accountability - It was not easy, but I did not drink. Food was as planned, add cucumbers. 183.2 today.

B- eggbeater veggies scramble

l - cuban sandwich part 2. The keto bun was meh... I will try toasting the bread first then dry pressing

d- pork chops w/red wine pan sauce, mashed potatoes and garlic creamed spinach

s - finn crisp, brie, cucumbers

TBD

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

White Dove
on 4/7/24 5:55 am - Warren, OH

The japanese cucumbers and pork chops in red wine sauce sound delicious. Enjoy

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 10:47 pm - Amarillo, TX