Losing the Amour...

roxanawalker
on 8/22/03 6:51 am - Sacramento, CA
I have been dealing with what seems to be the hardest part of all the WLS stuff. The emotional things... I had surgery on Jan. 15th and have lost 102 lb! That feels wonderful but I have been struggling with wanting attention and then what to do when I get it. People make comments about how "skinny" I am or that I'm "disappearring" and it feels like they might as well have kicked me in the stomach. I don't want to feels less powerful or less protected. It is an amour issue...I was more confident with a 100 lbs of fat around me. I'm driving my partner crazy with the "do I look good baby?" I have this constant need for reassurance. Hopefully this will pass too! I wish you all the best and thanks for your post. -Roxana Click here to post your reply
Michelle C.
on 8/26/03 1:15 am - Springfield, IL
I know exactly how you feel..I had my surgery on Jan 10 2003, and im down 105 pounds...but when i look in the mirror I see the same fat person who was there before..and sometimes I wish my husband would reassure me more of how I look..sometimes I feel like I have to drag it out of him....I do feel alot better and seem to becoming a better person with the way I feel about myself...so hang in there kid..we are ALL in this together....Big Hugs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views