Help, Am I eating to much....

Bobi-Jo M.
on 1/6/04 11:38 am - Mesa, AZ
I had open RNY on May 6, 2003. I started at 330 lbs and now I am weighing in at 225. I can eat anything: pizza, bread, enchilada, bits of sweets and I don't dump. I am starting to get concerned by doctor tells me my body will tell me when to stop. (tell you what my body is not talking) Sometimes, I think that I have eaten to much but, when I analyze what I ate for the day I am bearly eating anything. Is anybody feeling this way? Also, my weightloss has slowed down. Will it stay slow like this or should I except a huge weighloss again? Help me....
Michelle C.
on 1/6/04 11:20 pm - Springfield, IL
I sometimes feel that ive eaten too much, and I as well will sit and think what ive eaten for the day , and it wasnt really anything. I too can eat pizza, etc...just smaller amts, and I dont dump either....but yes your body will tell you when to stop..some days I eat more than others....so just keepn your chin up...and congrats on your weight loss so far!!!....Michelle Chapman Open RNY 01-10-2003 295/179/150
Renee A.
on 1/8/04 9:49 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hi, I had a Lap RNY on 1/20/03. I was 260 lbs and I am at 180. I have not been very good either about my eating. I started getting off of eating correctly around October. Since then I've been eating a lot of garbage. Like you I do not get sick or dump. It has been a very big concern of mine. But every day I wake up and tell myself that I'm going to do better than the day before. Sometimes I do and other times I do not. My problem is that I just graze all day long, never eating too much at any one time, but I know that isn't good at all. Your stomach can only hold so much food, so you can't eat all that much unless you purposely attempt to hurt yourself. I'm pretty disappointed in myself also since things were going so well. I know that I will get better day by day. My goal was to get back on track after the holidays anyway, but it will take me some time. You'll be fine. Take Care -Renee'
Kim C.
on 1/9/04 12:39 am - Macon, Il
Hi Bobi-Jo, I had lap rny on 1/28/03. I started at 257 and I down to 145 now. There are days that I feel like I have eaten way too much but in comparison to what I used to eat it is very little. If I do eat too much I woll usually vomit. I have dumped in the past so I do not eat sugar or high fats. I too can eat pizza and other stuff like it but instead of eating 1/2 of a large pizza I will eat 1 piece. So really be conscious of what you are taking in and you will soon realize that it is not a huge amount and do be aware of all of those BAD habits we all had in the past and try to pick healthier choices! Good luck and congrats on your success. Kim
T. G.
on 1/10/04 6:03 am - Keithville, LA
I am 12 months OUT I had open RNY and my gallbladder taken out. I can't tollerate fat over 5 grams and only natural sugar (like the diabetic diet) at each meal. I think it was because of the gallbladder removal. I have asked some and they seem to think this is a good conclusion. Ask a doctor about this.... Get more than one doc's oppinion. The only substitute I can tollerate is Equal. I hope this helps....gallbladders are easy to remove if you still have one..... They told me with any history of gallstones in my family that I should have it taken out because this surgery can cause them. T. Giles
Pat Bell
on 1/27/04 5:29 am - Southeast, GA
According to my doctor you can expect weight loss to slow down. He gave me the following formula Example in round figures Six month period 100 lbs Next six months 50 lbs (1/2 of first six month loss) Next six months 25 lkbs (1/2 of second six month loss) I'm only 1 week post op so I haven't proven his theory one way or the other but in listening to other people on the message board it is probably true.
newbe66
on 2/9/04 7:05 am - Washington, dc
I felt the same way but you are going to be ok just when you eat make sure you maybe take a walk to burn off the calories I 'm going through the same thing until I talked to my doctor about it I thought I was going to put the weight back on but I haven't so far so you are not alone
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views