Dating Dilemmas

Janice L.
on 1/18/04 1:44 pm - Burke, VA
I'm one year post-op and have recently reentered the dating scene since my surgery. For the ladies out there, how do you deal with eating out on a date? I'm worried about my date commenting about how little I eat, etc. Especially if I'm not comfortable enough with him to tell him about my surgery. I'm also feeling insecure with my body with the loose skin, etc. Any comments or sharing of experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks! Janice
Michelle C.
on 1/19/04 12:11 am - Springfield, IL
First off, congrats on being a year post op!! Feels great huh? Im one year on 01-10-2003. As far as dating, im married, so I havent had to experiance that, however, going out is totally different to me now. I notice that people notice me more, and its in the back of my mind as to why they are looking. I guess I still dont see the difference like they do. As far as the loose skin, I hate that. Its embarassing to me. If you are dating someone and if you really like them, be honest. If they like you, as im sure they will, I honestly dont think it will bother them. My husband says im just as beautiful now, even with the skin, LOL.... Let them know why you are eating so little. I know its hard to explain it to someone or even come up with the right words, although im sure they are out there some where. Keep your chin up!!!! Michelle Chapman Open RNY 1-10-2003 295/179/150
Pat Bell
on 4/29/04 6:22 am - Southeast, GA
You can bru**** off on the first few dates by simply saying I had a large lunch so I'm not real hungry. Then proceed to order the soup, or appetizer and salad, etc. Then set out to charm the man so he forgets how little you eat. If you continue to date you will probably want to explain about your wls. The loose skin can be hidden by clothes short term and only you can decide when he will see it. Best of luck and have fun.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views