Recent Posts

rebalspirit
on 5/28/03 5:06 am - Saint Johns , AZ
Topic: RE: SO SLOW..I am so discouraged
Kris - Congratulations on your loss. I have lost 42 lbs since March 13, so we are right on the same page it would seem. Remember, everyone losses at their own pace. How many grams of protein and how many calories are you consuming? I understand the discouragement, but remember, this is not a race, and those of us who lose slower, may have less problems with excess skin later on. You just have to keep doing what you are doing and the weight will come off - as long as you stay on track. Have you spoken to your nutritionist? Gone over your daily regimen with them? This will allow them to trouble shoot and find any places that can cleaned up. But remember, you are right on track and I think there are more of us slower losers out here than we know. It's the fast losers that get all the attention, but us slow ones still make it. Take care. Toodles, Robin
Sue C.
on 5/26/03 7:52 pm - Ft. Lewis, Wa
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
I had my surgery on 3/31/03 also, and as of today I am down 48 pounds so I think you are doing great...I know I need to add more protien and exercise to my days to help speed things up but im fighting with scar tissue closing the opening and making food painful so there going to open it up with a balloon and then hopefully I will be able to get back on tract. congrats on all your weightloss, and I hope things continue to go as well.
krism2003
on 5/26/03 7:49 pm - PA
Topic: SO SLOW..I am so discouraged
Hi March Posties. I feel so discouraged. I had my surgery on March 10th. Thats about 76 days ago. I have only lost about 43 pounds. This is ridiculous. I am getting in my protein. I hardly eat carbs. I played 1 hour of tennis today and that was a big deal..I do hardcore exercise every day at the gym. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Do you guys think my stoma is dilated? I am so worried..help me...
Sue C.
on 5/26/03 7:45 pm - Ft. Lewis, Wa
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Hey glad to hear all the march surgeries have gone so well and everyone is feeling so good, I had my surgery on 31march 03 and am feeling great. I am down 48lbs and still going doing lots of swimming and walking. My husband left the week after my surgery so he has yet to see me I am down from a size 20 to a 12 now, I havent been this size since our wedding 14 years and 4 kids ago. I wouldnt trade this for anything.
Heather S.
on 5/20/03 6:49 pm - Surprise, AZ
I'm 10 weeks out and I've lost 58 pounds! I'm excited about my results, however I work hard for it. I walk 3 miles a day and I take water classes every day as well. It came off easy the first month, but I found out if I want to see similar results I have to push my body. I also eat six times a day, all high protein foods and I haven't had anything disagree with me. I wish everyone the best of luck..
Jan P.
on 5/20/03 4:21 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
I had my surgery 1 week before you and I have also only lost about 45 lbs. I don't think slow is a bad thing. I have however gone down 2 pant sizes and everyone says these are already baggy!!!! Keep up the good work.
summewe
on 5/20/03 3:42 am - Gambrills, MD
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow March 2003 posties
Hi - My picture isn't up yet. I had my surgery on 3/31 and down 46 lbs. It seems to be s-l-o-w.
summewe
on 5/20/03 3:41 am - Gambrills, MD
Topic: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
Hi - I was operated on 3/31. I'm down 46 lbs. How is everyone else doing. I feel like I'm losing S-L-O-W!
Jan P.
on 5/19/03 4:45 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Hey there, I had my surgery on March 24th. I am down 41 lbs (as of last thrusday), maybe more now that it is Monday. I feel great. I have gone down 2 jeans sizes. More than that I have gone from a 48DD to a 44D in my Bra. I'm not sure I really want to lose anymore in this area or not but I guess I don't get to chose where it comes from. Congratulations to all on your weight loss and best of luck to those with upcoming surgeries.
rebalspirit
on 5/19/03 12:40 am - Saint Johns , AZ
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow March 2003 posties
Hi Jane! I am a slower loser as well: 9-1/2 weeks post-op and down 36 pounds. I'm curious about what you mean when you say that "the ideas here are a little different from what" you've read on this site? In what way? What ideas? I love learning about differences - because I often feel like I'm the "different" one. Congratulations on your loss! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views