Recent Posts

BLSLIM77
on 6/14/03 2:07 pm - SAN ANTONIO, FL
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
HEY WENDY....You think you're losing slow!!!! I'm only down 45 lbs in 75 days but this message board has made me feel so much better. Let's all keep in touch. I think this site will help us so much!!!! GOOD LUCK, BONNIE GREENE, ZEPHYRHILLS FL
BLSLIM77
on 6/14/03 1:46 pm - SAN ANTONIO, FL
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
HELLO...Had my surgery March 26,2003. I've only lost 45 lbs as of June 9 & was really feeling badly till I got on to this web site. I realize May was not such a good month for me ( eating wise) & I have to buckle down & get with the plan. My Doc has me returning in 2 wks instead of a month & has me on 600 calories of protein only with my gallon of water. My knee was hurt about 1 1/2 yrs ago & won't straighten out so I've had it exrayed & will go to my PCP next Monday so he can tell me what is wrong. Hopefully it is only in need of physical therapy. Then I can start exercising which I know will increase my weight loss. I am adding this part of obesity help to my favorites & will keep posted will everyones loss. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Catherine B
on 6/13/03 8:32 am - Kingsland, GA
Topic: RE: 13 Weeks Post-op and up 3 lbs in 6 days
Dont you just hate that.. I want to fight with my scale every darn day..Like to throw the thing out the window but I am to addicted to it to do it LOL... Cathie post op 3/17/03 256(highest weight) 251(day of surgery)205(current weight)13anything (goal weight) -51 pounds from my highest weight and -46 pounds day of surgery weight 38% of my excess weight gone forever
rebalspirit
on 6/13/03 5:15 am - Saint Johns , AZ
Topic: 13 Weeks Post-op and up 3 lbs in 6 days
I had my surgery on March 13, lost 45 lbs as of last Saturday, but by Tuesday, had gained back 3 lbs. I've not been doing anything different and it's not pre-menstrual water retention because I just ended my period last Thursday. I get in about 900 calories a day, 80-100 gm protein, 80-100 oz of water, and I joined the gym and started swimming on Tuesday. I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and how long before your weight started going down again.
Georgette B.
on 6/11/03 8:28 am - North Hollywood, CA
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Marilyn- You are awesome!! My name is Georgette Bivins and I am 12 weeks out. I had my surgery on the 21st of March. I am down 67lbs. I have lost 9 dress sizes. I am loving it!!!! I go to the gym every single day. I am loving life. This has changed everything for me. If any of you would like to talk, I am so open to your emails! Cheers!
Heather S.
on 6/11/03 7:08 am - Surprise, AZ
Topic: RE: March 7, 2003
You are doing great, keep up the good work!
Ann B.
on 6/7/03 3:17 am - Dallas, TX
Topic: March 7, 2003
I did the most outrageous thing this morning I suppose in celebration of my being three months post op today. I had pictures taken last night and this morning I emailed my biological family members with a before and after. I know that might not sound like a big deal to anyone else. I have always been an extremely private person. I have not ever shared my most inner thoughts or dreams with them. I know they each love me in their way but I never counted on them for support or encouragement. My friends and family of choice have been much more important to me. I grew up with my family saying I was secretive but the truth was that there were things that I did not feel safe to share with them. Almost from the beginning once I made the decision to have wls, I have worked on reconnecting with my family. They are far away and hence none of them have seen me recently. I was sort of surprised and delighted at my openess this morning. I have been feeling like my 75lb loss is not much especially since I have been on this 2 week plateau. Looking at the pics I took the day of surgery and how I look now...there is no denying that the loss of weight and inches really does show. I got a big reality check last night. I am heading out to get to my workout at Curves this Saturday morning. Amazing what a little reality check will do for a woman's spirit. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and know that you are not alone in your journery. Remember: It is about progress, not perfection. (Ann in TX)
Krishna M.
on 6/3/03 1:15 pm - Charleston, WV
Topic: RE: SO SLOW..I am so discouraged
Thank you all for your support and encouragement..i am going to take your advice and talk to my nutritionist at my doc's office. take care all and keep writing...bye!
Dana M.
on 6/2/03 7:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
Hi, I had my surgery on 3/31/03. As of today, 6/2/2003, I have lost 64 pounds. I am now at 301, cannot wait to get below 300. It has been years since I was under 300. My next goal is to see 199. Boy, what a party I will have when that happens! Good luck and God blessings to all other March 2003 surgery post-op patients. Dana in Phoenix, AZ
Jack L.
on 6/2/03 12:09 pm - Rittman, Oh
Topic: Hey all
Had open RNY on March 31st, 2003. Feeling good, looking good, and getting thinner everyday. I'm 54lbs down now and can't believe what difference just those 54lbs have made in my life. I'm more energetic and out going and it's just getting better everyday. Hope my fellow surgery mates are all experiencing the same. Take care all
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views