Recent Posts

Jodi A.
on 5/18/03 12:12 pm - Fond du Lac, WI
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
I had my surgery March 4th and am now down 75 pounds. The amount of energy I have is so much better than pre-op, it is amazing! I've been exercising (pool walking) for about 6 weeks now and really am starting to enjoy it. I have a very long road to go yet but I try not to dwell on it and just do what I can for today. I truly believe that the surgery saved my life. Every one is doing so great! Keep up the good work!
Esther D.
on 5/18/03 7:00 am - Oroville, ca
Hi and Congradulations, It is great!I had my surgery on March 17th and at 8 weeks post op I lost 40 pounds. I am having troubles with eating and keeping food down. I am doing better the last couple of days since I started a new soy protien drink, I am abl to eat and keep it down and in two days I have lost 4 pounds. This surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself and I would do it again in a heart beat!
Jane M.
on 5/17/03 2:01 pm - Australia
Topic: Hi Fellow March 2003 posties
I had my surgery on March 4th, I am down 34lbs as of this morning. I live in Australia and the ideas here are a little different from what i read on this site. I would love to hear from any other March people Jane Moss
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/03 9:19 am - Jamaica, NY
I had my open RNY on 3/24/03 and as of 2 weeks ago, I was down 39 lbs. I'm not weighing again until my next visit on the 28th of this month, but I'm brave enough to think I'm down at least 50 lbs by now. This surgery is awesome! Congrats to all of you on your losses.
Ann B.
on 5/15/03 7:17 pm - Dallas, TX
Hey there. I had open rny at Bariatric Treatment Center in Wylie with Dr Julie Leverton on March 7th. Well in 9 weeks, I am down 71lbs. I started out at such a high weight that the loss is not really noticable yet (414). I am starting to feel stronger and have started working out this week. I find it hard to drink water all day long. I just pray I can lose 199 more pounds. I wish you well.
Vicky H A.
on 5/10/03 11:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Marilyn, Congratulations on your weight loss! I had my surgery on 3/24/03 and feel great. I have lost 31 pounds so far. I agree with you it is not always easy but well worth it. I love this site and all of the changes that are being made. I hope all post ops are doing as good as you and I. I saw on your profile that you have children. Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Vicky
Marilyn R.
on 5/10/03 5:11 am - Queens, NY
Topic: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Hey March WLS's! I'm 7 weeks Post-op and I am at the half century mark. I cannot believe I have lost 50 lbs in just 7 weeks! This surgery really works! It's been a rough journey to get this point, it has not been easy at all, I am still trying to get used to the chewing, I have to chew chew chew, otherwise I pay the price, it's all worth it with the results though. I feel so good now and my energy level has shot up! I would have never thought in a million years that I would be able to lose this much weight so quickly. Thank god for those protein shakes, they really do the trick. Thanks to this site and all the support I have received, I have gotten through it and hopefully I will reach my goal someday. How has this surgery changed your life? hope to here from some of you soon! God Bless!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views