Recent Posts

Naomi G.
on 4/8/13 8:36 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Topic: 10th Anniversary!

My ultimate goal was to get healthy so I could get pregnant.  I had the surgery in 2003.  By end of 2004 I had lost 200 lbs, but still wasn't pregnant.  

After another year, I gave up.  I got into an abusive relationship. I got skinnier and unhealthy. Life went WAY downhill.  From 2004 through 2010 Life SUCKED.

Then in 2010 I made another BIG change -- got rid of the abusive husband and started getting physically & mentally healthy.

By 2011, I was into a new relationship, still working on getting healthier.  Then I FINALLY GOT PREGNANT!

I had my son in 2012 at the age of 46.  My Miracle, My Baby, My New Man, My New Life and My New Happiness.laugh

Naomi G.

freeme
on 10/26/10 12:28 pm
Topic: RE: Six Year Anniversary
Congratulations on your weightloss and marriage!  We share the same anniversary month and I have gained 30 lbs.  I"m still so much better than I was before surgery.  TAke care and keep up the good work!

rstamper
on 5/27/09 1:08 pm - Calvert City, KY
Topic: RE: Another Year -- Still Holding Strong
Hi Wendy,
I had my surgery in 04/03. Seems like forever ago but then time flys. Things have gone fairly well for me until the last year. The weight is finding me again and I can't seem to stop it.  I am gaining about 10 lbs a year the last 2, I am really freaking out, the feet and knees are starting to hurt again and I am so afraid of what else may be coming. Have you had any luck at any weight loss plans or has anyone else out there? I had thought about a straight protein diet for a week to 10 days, it kept us alive 6 years ago? I need some advice quick! I am not sleeping well and feelings of depression are really shadowing over me, my mom passed away 3 months ago and I feel just drained and hopeless, don't have much of an interest in things I had started to enjoy again. If anyone has any suggestions I am all yours! Robin
summewe
on 3/31/09 4:26 am - Gambrills, MD
Topic: Six Year Anniversary
Happy Anniversary to Me!  I'm six years out today and Praise the Lord I'm still maintaining my weight.  I feel great and love life.  I still do not eat processed sugar and watch how much I eat.  I get on the scale regularly to ensure that my weight doesn't creep up.  I'm actually, for the first time in my life, wearing clothes out.  I love it.

I got married on 2/27 and feel like a young newlywed.

I wish everyone great health, love, and happiness. 

Wendy
bjsmumniki
on 1/16/09 6:22 am - Rockford, IL
Topic: Happy New Year
Happy new year!
Sorry to have disappeared before the holidays.
Dealing with the first holiday season without my mom was more than I could do, I did a lot of mindless crocheting and sleeping and trying to not go crazy.
Christmas was good, I didn't really gain any weight which is nice.
up and down the same 5 pounds so those don't count.

we did a bunch of new things and made some new traditions.

I just saw that one of the OH events will be in Chicago in June. Anyone thinking about a trip here then? I would love to meet up.

Hope you all are MUCH warmer where ever you are than it is here right now!

hugs to ya

Nic

PS... how come I can only find posts from August 2008 and before????
nic
  Nic
Today I am missing
my Mom!
Sherry F.
on 8/6/08 2:54 am - Ravenna, OH
Topic: RE: 5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Congraduations to you! I celebrated my 5 yrs Post Op March 5! I to have gained 20 lbs. It scares me to death!! I just don't get filled up like I did in the beginning!! I too would do this all again in a second!! Sherry.
reenieb
on 3/21/08 11:26 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Topic: RE: Still Learning in Dallas, TX after 4 Years post op
Hi Ann, what kind of revision did you have? I am scheduled to have an endoscopic procedure next month to reduce the size of my stoma opening; I don't think he's doing anything to my pouch? Can you tell me what you had done and how you are doing? Is the revision working for you? Thanks so much. Maureen
reenieb
on 3/21/08 11:20 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Topic: RE: Another Year -- Still Holding Strong
Hi Wendy, I am posting from the March 2004 Board, where we are all just now celebrating 4 years out of our surgeries. Congratulations on your obvious continued success! Many of us are struggling with trying to stay vigilent in our new healthy lifestyles; a good percentage of us have gained a good percentage of the weight we lost as a result of surgery; others of us have been able to keep any weight gain at a minimum, but the struggles are real. I wonder if you or any of the other "Marchers" from 2003 would visit our Board (March 2004) to say hello and offer some words of encouargement. We are a strong group and have really been there for each other from the beginning - your Board seems equally committed. We sure could use some strong words of encouargement as we begin our 5th year! Thanks so much, to you and all the 2003 Marchers! Maureen
Dayanara A.
on 3/12/08 2:38 am - Melbourne, FL
Topic: 5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
WOW! I can't believe it's been 5 yrs already! I have loved every single minute of it. I will do this all over again if I had to. In a heart beat! I have had my strugles like everyone else. the getting stuck. The forgetting that you cannot drink with food. Ouch! Low iron. You name it! Yet, it is still the best thing I have ever done for myself! I have gained like 20 lbs. I am not happy about that but I am comfortable with where I am right now.
Doeeyes764
on 3/9/08 10:55 am - Fuquay Varina, NC
Topic: RE: Man I feel like I can eat so much
I was about 3 years post op when I started gaining weight. I started grazing then started eating the bad for you snacks i.e. chocolate etc. and then would drink when I ate (now that is a bad habit to start) I initially lost 105 lbs and have gained back 45 lbs in the last 3.5 years. I am so bummed that I am going back to my old eating habits pre surgery. I like all of you have many times that I was able to eat alot and other times where I could only eat a few bites. Has anyone out there been able to loose the weight again if they go back to following the program???? I had some surgery done recently due to some complications from surgery (hernia etc) and the dr found that my pouch is a little on the larger side of normal as he says. Anyone out there gain this much weight then be able to lose it again???? I need hope!!! thanks for your help. Doeeyes
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1653 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 651 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 707 views