Recent Posts

Jane T.
on 5/31/03 2:04 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Hey, I am doing great. I had open rny on 3-4-03 as of today I am down 55 lbs. First time I have lost that much weigh in 28 years. I am totally jazzed.... :~} Jane
Catherine B
on 5/30/03 4:14 am - Kingsland, GA
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
I had my surgery 3/17/03 and I am down 40 pounds. I started at as a light weight so thats what everyone is saying I am loosing so slow.. I eat all my protien, drink my fluids, and I do water aerobics 6-8 times a week and I also just started to do fit swim. Last night I did two solid hours of water aerobics and a half hour of fit swim. My husband thinks Im loosing inches more then weight because I am gaining muscle .. I guess he might be right because I am down from a 24/26 to an 18.
Catherine B
on 5/30/03 4:08 am - Kingsland, GA
Topic: RE: SO SLOW..I am so discouraged
Count me in as a slow loser . I had my surgery 3/17/03 and I am down 40 pounds as of yesterday . I was hoping it would come off faster. I am doing all my protien, drinks and I do water aerobics 6-8 times a week. I just added a fit swim to my program yesterday and will do that twice a week. I dont know what more I can do to get this weight off ..
Jan P.
on 5/30/03 2:56 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Topic: RE: March 24th 2003
Hello Angela. I too had my surgery on 3/24/03. I have lost 59 lbs. I walk my treadmill 5 days a week. Instead of walking 30 minutes at a slower speed. I walk 10 minutes at 4 miles an hour. This gets my heart pumping real fast!!! Congratulations on making this decision and best of luck on loosing to your goal.
Jan P.
on 5/30/03 2:52 am - ARLINGTON, TX
Topic: RE: 64 pounds down in 11 weeks
Congratulations heather. I am at 9 weeks and have lost 59 lbs. I started out about 37lbs more than you but am very happy with what is going on. Keep up the good work and soon you will be below 200. Best wishes
Heather S.
on 5/29/03 6:08 am - Surprise, AZ
Topic: 64 pounds down in 11 weeks
I want to just shout it from the roof tops that I have lost 64 pounds. I'm so excited to see this tool work for me. I'm currently at 216 and I can't wait for the scale to get below 200. Best Wishes to everyone,
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Rhonda B.
on 5/28/03 10:53 am - Los Alamitos, CA
Topic: RE: March 24th 2003
Hello Angela, I had open rny 3-18-03 and I agree with you, in that we are all right where we are supposed to be. Thanks for the words of encouragement and you continue what you are doing. Best wishes. Rhonda
Rhonda B.
on 5/28/03 10:51 am - Los Alamitos, CA
Topic: RE: SO SLOW..I am so discouraged
Hi Robin, I suppose I could be considered a slow "loser" as well. I had open rny 3-18-03 and as of 5-18-03 I have lost 40 pounds. What I do know is that in all my many many years (30+) of dieting I have never lost this amount of weight in such a short period of time. Kris, we are all different and we all have varying factors which dictate our weight loss. I would suggest you not compare yourself to anyone else, make this journey your own, continue doing the "right" things and the weight will come off. When I think about how I use to eat compared to how I am eating now...the weight has to come off. Keep the faith and be good to yourself. Rhonda
Angela J.
on 5/28/03 10:29 am - Racine, Wi
Topic: March 24th 2003
Hello everyone in the March month. My date was 3/24/03 and to date I am down 45 lbs. I was worried that I wasn't losing like I should be but I see that most of us are in the 40's with the weight loss. I feel a little bit better now after reading that most of us are in the same area. Everyone keep their heads up because it is better to be on the losing side than on the gaining side. God Bless!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 617 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1655 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views