Recent Posts

losingiswinning
on 4/11/11 2:44 am
Topic: RE: APRIL SURGERY LIST!!!
Hello all. Please Add me April 19th for RNY. Marisa. Thank you
shar S.
on 4/4/11 10:17 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
Topic: 4 Years Ago Today
I can't believe it is 4 years ago today that I had my surgery. It was sure rough the first year but I am doing Ok. I struggle daily with my food and my weight. I have gained about 10 pounds and vow to get them off soon. But, I have kept off 140 pounds and for that I am thankful. Still haven't had a tummy tuck and I know that would make such a difference, but the thought of surgical pain is something I don't even want to do!
I hope to hear from some of my A-Team Family.

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

Lisa A.
on 3/18/11 12:05 am
Topic: Well I hope all april 2007 surgery are doing o out there
I have not been here in a long time.. I was thinking of everyone.. I am battling big time issues with my heath due to prophylactic surgery to prevent cancer. I thnk I have made the biggest mistake of my life and comming to terms  with this decsion and with this desion had to release my band so i can get more nourishment and I have gained 50 lbs back and just now had it a lap band fill and now losing again. I wish things were in a postive light for me but right now I am working on making a come back despite so many set back after set backs. My current weight is 222 lbs yes 222 lbs and was 229 so I am doing this as a baseline and get back to my roots here where my sucess story began .. I will check back and hope all is do a heck of alot better then me ..
Hugs to all
Lisa
scorpio18
on 3/15/11 12:46 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
Topic: RE: Chronic Sickness Since Gastric Bypass?
Hi There

I have been sick since my surgery 4 years ago.  The only way I can keep any food down is taking Domperidone 10mg 4-6 times a day after I eat anything and I do mean anything.  Istill take Nexium 40 mg twice a day for the GERD.  I've had abcess' every 4-6 weeks, now the ne infection is cellulitis.  I have had it twice in 10 months.  I have to now have IV antibiotics therapy due to the fact that the antibiotics that you take orally gives me IBS and I am in agony.  So, no more oral antibiotics.  I am at  point in my life right now that I am so very tired of climbing this uphill battle that I just want to lay down and go to sleep and not wake up.  I am so discouraged and frustrated.  I live in Canada and had my surgery in Michigan and the Dr.'s here just keep passing me from one to another.  No one wants to deal with my health issues here.  I just keep getting sicker and sicker.  I am running out of steam.  They say be an advocate for your own health,,,,good luck with that..they just knock you down,,,, because after all they are the Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!
dfavre
on 3/4/11 8:28 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Topic: RE: HI ALL!!!
Yeah, life does seem to take over.  I miss our A-team too!  I haven;t been on for over a year at least!  I probably need to get back on as I am back to old habits and gaining again!  In fact, I am no longer in the Century club!  AHHHHH.

So, what's up? 
Gineta R.
on 2/24/11 2:01 pm - Rockledge, FL
Topic: HI ALL!!!
I miss our group.  Life seems to take over and I've love the time to check in.  This was my second family.  Could really use you now.  My life is falling apart. Right now it feels like it started with my surgery.   I need my A team now more han ever.  PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND..
Cinnabirst1
on 2/20/11 10:11 pm - Council Bluffs, IA
Topic: RE: Checking in, it's been a long time
I will make it my goal to check in on sundays again if you do
Maybe we can get this board going again. Going to spend the day with my grandsons today since there is no school today. Going to lunch and shopping. We are moving in less than 2 weeks so the rest of my week will consist of working and packing. Oh how I hate moving, but a bigger house will be nice.
Have a great week!
RhondaT
on 2/20/11 10:03 pm - Conway, AR
Topic: RE: Checking in, it's been a long time
thought I would pop in and see if anyone was here. Glad to hear from you Cindy! Even happier to know that your bout with pancreatits is over! Sound like your life is getting back on track...wish this board would! I miss everyone also, especially the Sunday check-ins. Maybe this Sunday, I will just post and see what happends. Take care and maybe I will hear from you Sunday!

Cinnabirst1
on 2/16/11 5:54 am - Council Bluffs, IA
Topic: Checking in, it's been a long time
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? It's been a very long time since Ive checked in here and so much has changed in my life. Last time I posted on here I was suffering from pancreatitis and it lasted over 2 years. Now I am pain free and feeling great. I have a new man in my life and we are getting married on May 27th of this year! Lets get this blog going again.
Who is all out there?? Please check in, I think as time has gone by and life has happened, we have all fallen away from our support family. I need you :)
Cindy
DoubleDee
on 1/27/11 10:53 am - Holland, MI
Topic: RE: anyone here????????
Hi Shar,

It's been awhile. Glad to see you're still on track. You look great.

DD
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again