Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/11 9:15 am - NY
Topic: RE: anyone here????????
Hi Shar,

I check in every month or so - need to check in more frequently.  2010 was a crazy year for me - just had my second child on November 12th and ended up spending 21 days in the hospital with a ton of complications.  I hope 2011 is a better year for everyone.  It's sad how this board has slowed down but I am guilty of not visiting enough etc...

Best wishes,

Susan
Gineta R.
on 1/1/11 10:47 pm - Rockledge, FL
Topic: RE: I thick I am officially a cougar
 I'm definitely taking that advice.  It's been going on for almost two years.  While we haven't come out of the closet yet, it's still going strong.  I met him through my son who is 20.  We have mutual friends that suspect something is going on but we just let them wonder.  He's only 21 and  I just turned 41 but he is very mature.  He's had a rough time growing up and had to do it fast.  But he still has his young man fun just in moderation.  I'm gonna keep running with it though cause he makes me feel alive and sexy and even keeps me in check.  How does your son feel about it?  Does it cause any conflicts between you two?
Gineta R.
on 1/1/11 10:05 pm - Rockledge, FL
Topic: Happy New Year!!!
 I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  Mine was pretty good. I'm ready to start over.  The last year has been a  tough one mentally.  But I'm starting school and and trying to get back on track with exercising and eating right.  The body is almost where I want it to be, now it's definitely time to fix the rest of me.  
GLORYPR1
on 12/31/10 3:24 am - irving, TX
Topic: RE: I thick I am officially a cougar
I dont think anything is wrong with that.. im definetly on the same boat gurl.. I am 34 dating a 24yr old.. at first it was kinda odd for the fact that i have a 17yr old. hmmm but what the heck.. live your life  just enjoy it as long as you are happy and he means well then it doesnt matter what anyone says.. and you will be surprised how some of them are more mature than a 38 yr old.. trust me.. have fun..
shar S.
on 12/24/10 2:35 pm - Buffalo Grove, IL
I, too, maintain within 5-10 pounds. I wish I could lose more and I have started to exercise again. I wish I had the nerve to have a tummy tuck. It sure is a battle to keep the weight off.
I hope you are feeling better. Let me know what the biopsies say.
Merry Christmas

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

PamT
on 12/15/10 12:40 pm - Downey, CA
Hi Shar,

I still check the forum a couple times a week but no responses to my posts or others sooooooo...

I hope you are doing good. I'm OK,,still pretty much maintaining the weight loss within about 10-15 pounds,, back & forth. I've had alot of problems recently with nausea after eating. I've always seemed to have alittle since surgery but this was BADD,,really sick to my stomach. I had an endoscopy test last week and the doctor said I had an ulcer, hiatal hernia and acid refux. He also took some biopsies. I will soon get the results of the biopsy and I have no idea yet what the treatment or solutions are for the rest.  We'll see,,,hopefully it'll be something easy. 

Let me know how you are doing and if all's well!  
shar S.
on 12/11/10 7:01 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
Topic: anyone here????????
Let's check in and start the support again. I miss you guys

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

PamT
on 12/9/10 12:03 pm - Downey, CA
Topic: RE: Hi everyone
Hi Lisa,

First time back on here in a long time. Same problem as everyone else states-- Not much sense in replying if there's no response, huh...

I hope you have recovered from your reconstructive surgery. Is the healing problem over now too? I had a problem with healing too after the tummy tuck. They sure take a long time, don't they?

Did you get refilled again?

Hoping this finds you happy, healthy and looking forward to the Holidays!! 

PamT
Lisa A.
on 11/14/10 8:04 am
Topic: Hi everyone
I decided to check and and post my weight gain had my lap band losened for surgery and well i have gained some weight back ugh but I need nouirshment to heal .. i am 196 far cry from my all time low of 162 but I will get back there soon.. I just need to state it here so i can keep track and hopefull keep under 200. I had the second part of my reconstructive surgery on Nov 2  and having incision healing issues but I  got to focus on good nutriton and taking a breck and not stressing about weight gain it is only temp and i will have my band filled later..
I hope to hear from everyone what is happening in your  neck of the woods.
please chime in and dont be shy now  lol
Lisa
karen G.
on 10/24/10 8:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: shape ups

Thanks Lisa

For what it's worth, I think you are wonderful.  You've supplied me with lots of inspiration over the years.  I truely thought that my days of being hungry were behind me when I had this surgery... alas, it is not so.  But I am still glad I've gone down the path I have been on.  I think a lot of life is just enjoying the ride and playing the cards you are dealt.  I had RNY knowing that I'm not disciplined enough to keep going back to the doctor all the time for fills and adjustments... now am thinking that it may have been better, to have that monitoring.  IDK... =0)  but I am used to the lifelong struggle so it's gonna be ok.

Good luck to you and your son too.  I hope the path is smoother.

-Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again