what is normal?

Sharon G.
on 6/15/04 2:01 am - oceanside, CA
I was just wondering how much everyone was losing by now...Im losing about 5 to 7 lbs a month...is that normal? I guess Im just glad to be still losing...lol
Brandi T.
on 6/15/04 4:25 am - Corona, CA
RNY on 07/10/03 with
Well, I'm still on an average of about 7 to 8 lbs a month. Hoping to get rid of this last 15 lbs in the next two months. I'm down a total of 118 lbs now. I know that the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off...
Ann N.
on 6/17/04 1:54 am - FL
Hi Sharon, I've been wondering the same! I've lost 114 to date and have about 13 left to lose. I only average about 6 pounds lost in April and May. So the last 13 is slower pace but I'm still delighted. Average loss is 65% of excess weight and we are way above that average! Yahoo! So congratulate yourself! Ann N.
Kaye A.
on 6/17/04 7:00 am - Brigham City, UT
Hi Sharon, I had surgery the same day as you! I have lost a 102 pounds but have been at goal for almost 3 months now. Hurray!!!!!!!!!!! Kaye 215/113
Mary F.
on 6/18/04 2:50 am - Upstate, NY
5-7 sounds about right for my progress. My surgery was 31 July and I've been a slow steady loser the entire time. I have weeks where I lose nothing, then a few where I'll drop a pound or two or three a week. I'm down 120 pounds as of today and I'm 15 pounds from my PERSONAL goal, but still 35 from the doctor's goal. However, I did reach my personal goal SIZE this past week as well. I have my doubts about reaching what the 'charts' say is 'ideal' but then I feel I have a better sense of what is the right weight for me and I know that 15-20 more pounds will have me doing cartwheels in the street. Sounds like we are all on the same sort of path and it's nice to see that others are experiencing the same thing at the same time. Keep on working at losing that weight!
Christian A.
on 6/25/04 4:37 am - Keizer, OR
Normal for me hasn't been anything. I have been at about the same weight for the past two months. I will keep trying though.
Lora S.
on 7/7/04 2:59 am - Goldthwaite, TX
I keep losing and regaining the same 4 pounds. I have been stuck between 169 and 165 since April. I am trying to get to 150 by my 1 year anniversary. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I can be on the 165 end of my weight. I'm sooooooooo frustrated. Lora 284-165ish-150
Elizabeth J.
on 8/22/04 12:03 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
Don't give up guys it will get better. I had my surgery July 30, 2003, I was losing 10-11lbs a month until May. Since May up until now (3 months) I have lost a total of 15 lbs. I was wondering what was going on, I was still eating the same food so what was the problem. I began to exercise more and I also increased my protein and water, now I notice the weight has began to come off again. I finally reached my goal, but I still want to lose atleast 5 more lbs. to be considered normal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views