How are you July 2003'ers doing???

Carly J
on 2/27/05 3:27 am - southeastern, MI
July 2003 brother's and sister's Lets meet on the July 2003 surgery board and discuss where we are now, if we are at goal and any up coming ps. I am curious to see where every body is in there journey and whats going on. If you can't find the board, just respond to this posthere on the main board. I'll go first. I am almost 20 months out. I can hardly believe it. I have lost 120 pounds and still need to lose about 30 to get to my goal of 150. I went from a size 26/28 plus to 12/14 misses and some meduim tops. I am having my tt, hernia repair next month and am not looking forward to the pain, but I am looking forward to the flat tummy. Your turn...... Carlyce
Angels4unme
on 2/27/05 4:52 am - Roswell, NM
Carlyce.. What a awesome job you have done.... I'm 19 months out have lost 163#'s. I have gone from a 26/28 to a size 10 pants and a medium top. I'm going to look at getting breast lift/reduction. I've gone from a 48H to a 36DDD. The ladies need some help... I have no regrets and would do it again if I had too. (Never ever want to go back...) Terri 303/140
TheresaC
on 2/27/05 5:32 am - Me
Hi there, I had surgery on 7/15, have lost between 95 and 100 lbs depending on the day. It gets frustrating but I have learned to live with it. I have gone from a 26/28 to a 10 petite bottom and a medium top. On March 3rd I go for my PS consult, I really need andioplastmy (spelling)and hope to get approval. I desperately need new bewbies too, the old ones are like empty wind socks or empty udders. They started as Cs and now I am lucky if I can squoosh them enough to make them large A's. Daily I struggle with eating. I have a terrible fear of gaining it back though I keep telling myself I will not let that happen I still have the fear. I have started to work out 4 to 5 times a week and really enjoy it, but getting me there is the hard part. I have not regretted the choice I made when having WLS and would surely do it again. Next.......... Theresa
Elizabeth J.
on 3/5/05 1:33 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
I'm doing and feeling great, I had my surgery July 30, 2003. I have lost 141lbs. I went from a size 24 to a size 8, I now enjoy shopping. I would love to have a tt and my arms done, but until I can I won't complain. I'm very self conscious about my arms so I wear 3/4 sleeves so it doesn't bother me as much, as for as my stomach it's really not as bad but I know its there. I have no regrets at all if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heart beat. I thank GOD each and everyday for this miracle. I'm so happy to hear that you all also are doing great. Keep it up we have come to far to let anything get us back to that point again. Next.... Elizabeth J
bethybb
on 3/13/05 4:48 pm - Roanoke, VA
I wish I could say I've done as well as all of you. I lost 62#, then went up 10, back down 9, and keep struggling in there. From a tight 26/28 to an 18/20/22, but I do look much better. All my pre-surgery complications are gone, though. Surgery was in July - November went on a family vacation and it was so terrible I practially had a nervous breakdown. So I didn't loose any weight after the trip, lost all motivation, stopped exercising, stopped caring about myself - everything. A year later and I'm still at the same place. I'm finally back here on the boards - I hope that's a good sign, maybe I'm ready to fix this problem.
Lappie K.
on 3/17/05 11:42 pm - TN
I can't belive where I am today. Sitting on pillows at the moment recovering from a thight lift, butt lift (of which there isn't any anymore!) tummy tuck and arm lift I am just floored every time I walk past a mirror. I see this trim figure ghost by and it take 5 seconds before I realize that's me!! Total loss to date (esp after surgery and getting rid of all that hanging skin) is 190 lbs Top's are a loose xl to comfortable L and I'm betting pants will now be a 14 since they were a loose 16 before surgery to get rid of the saddle bags on my hips. The total just amazes me 'cuz from day one I've been a "slow looser" dispairing that I'd ever come close to any sort of goal. It's been a day to day struggle and a meal by meal choice to stop when I feel full and not keep plowing onwards. Protien shakes and lots of water along with consistant cardio and weights are what's gotten me where I am today. The WLS is *definately* only a tool..not a magic pill. If anyone goes into WLS thinking they're in for an easy ride they really, really need to take a step back and think again. Katz
bjdp1495
on 3/20/05 10:02 pm - HINESVILLE, GA
Did you have to pay for the surgeries yourself or did your insurance help pay for it since you lost all that weight. I had surgery July 25, 2003 and I have lost 103 pounds. I have a lot of loose skin,(especial on my abdominal area) I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I do want to lose at least 30 more pounds. I went from a size 24 to a size 14-16. I am very happy about it. I will be getting msrried September 24 this year and I want to try to lose the weight by then. Congratulations on your seccess. Barbara
jenafwife
on 3/21/05 11:17 pm - Blue Ridge, GA
Hello everyone, I had GBS on 7/25/03. To date with the Panni I have lost a total of 128lbs. It is truely amazing!! I developed a hernia at 3 months out despite having the GBS done Laparoscopic. But I was glad since my insurance only pays for the Panni if there is a hernia present. The Panni was much more painful and I doubt that I will have anything else done. The healing is slow going since I keep filling up with fluid but hopefully this will pass soon. Jen Layman
Ann N.
on 3/27/05 12:58 am - FL
Hi, my name is Ann in Upstate NY. I had RNY-Proximal surgery 07/13/2003. Starting weight was 244, lost 135 pounds, and today weigh 109 pounds! I had a consult in January 2005 about a body lift and tummy tuck. Insurance approved tummy tuck but said the butt, thighs, legs is "cosmetic" and denied that part. So at least I get the excess skin off the abdomen! Surgery is scheduled for April 13th, 2005. I'm excited and nervous, but so happy to have reached goal. My goal was to lose 100 pounds so to lose the last 35 was a bonus! Protein, protein, protein has been the major factor for me. Oatmeal or protein bar for breakfast, soup, salad, chili w/beans or chicken for lunch, then a lean cuisine meal for dinner, snack is apple, banana, Teddy Grahams, crackers with peanut butter or protein drink. 07/13/03 to 03/30/04 (8 MONTHS) I lost the first 100 pounds. April 2004 to December 21 2004 to lose the last 35 pounds. So a total of 17 months to lose 135 pounds. I could not be more pleased after being overweight for 30 years!
Cathie M.
on 4/24/05 6:08 am - Santa Ana, CA
I had my surgery on July 18th, 2003 and I am doing awesome I am done 148 pounds from 308 to 161 and a size 24 to a size 11. I feel great and when I eat I just eat small meals and do alot of grazing. I am not having any surgery such as tucks or heria did not have that problem only thing I had was my gall-bladder out in June. Hope everyone has a wonderful day Cathie
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 701 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 611 views