Hi! Everyone!

DEBRA F.
on 6/15/03 3:26 am - Topsham, ME
I had my surgery on Oct. 10, 2002. I have lost 119lbs. and feel fantastic! Having a real problem with body image. My mind has not caught up with all the changes. I have confidence this will work it self out. Has anyone else felt the same way? And if so how are you coping? Congradulations fellow Oct. patients!
Sabra_D
on 6/16/03 4:33 am - Roanoke, TX
I had my surgery Oct 4, 2002 and can totally relate to your body image. I was riding bikes with my neighbor this morning and I was telling her that I still think people are looking at me and saying things like "look at the fat woman on the bicycle". I am within 14 pounds of goal but still see such a big person. When I look at recent pictures compared to before, I'm having a bit of an identity crisis. I don't know which person I don't recognize. I am getting a tummy tuck and so I don't worry too much about the belly anymore, so now I'm fussing about my thighs and arms. Geez, where's the instant gratification I wanted?!? I just focus on how hard I've worked to get here, and how great I feel these days. The negative thoughts are still there, but starting to wane a little. Congrats on your loss! Your doing marvelous.
Krista F.
on 8/12/03 12:19 am - Temecula, CA
Hi Debra! I had my surgery on Oct 11, 2002. I have lost 106lbs. I feel great physically. But I also have a problem with body image, I look in the mirror and still see the fat person. It's funny when I'm dressed I feel fat. When I look at the mirror and I am in bra and panties I can see a skinny person. I think the clothes make me fat, maybe its time to get some new ones in a smaller size. I have been training in Martial Arts (Taekwondo) since December of 2002 so I will not be needing any cosmetic surgery everythig is very nice and tight, well except for the chest, but I can live with that. I think we just loose sight where we started from, someone else suggested we put a before picture of ourselves in our wallet and look at it when we feel our progress is not what it should be. It's doing the trick for me! Your doing great, keep it up. And remember to enjoy the journey.
Most Active