Hi I had my surgery Oct 2, 2002

Schatzie1
on 7/12/03 10:17 pm - Somewhere in, pa
I have to date lost 114 pounds, I am very happy for that okay but theres a (BUT) I feel like such a fat person still I went from 348 to 234 I need to lose around 45 more pounds. I have been stuck now for several months losing maybe 3 pounds a month (if Im lucky) I am in need of advice. HELP. I went from a size 3-32 pants to a size 18-20 so whats wrong with me? Why am I feeling this way? Thanks for anyone who might be able to lend a shoulder.
Bill S.
on 7/14/03 3:49 am - ASHBURN, VA
Hello Rose, First off, let us remember the 114 pounds... That is great ! On 09/01/02 my weight was 417, I decided to have a Lap-DS and lost 27 pounds pre-op. I had surgery on 10/22/02. Current weight is around 250 A few months ago I stoped losing weight for about six weeks. I was concerned that ride was over, but with a good look at my food intake showed a lack of protiens and to many low quality foods. I hit the protiens and starting walking as much as possible. The good news, is once I broke through the weight really fell off like crazy. Watch the foods, vitamines, protiens, and exercise your way through... (check with Doctor about exercise) BTY: Losing 3 pounds a month is not a bad thing... Keep the faith !
Monica E.
on 7/16/03 1:26 pm - Galloway, OH
Hi Rose, I agree with what Bill already said. On a personal note...I know exercise is very important to loosing the fat weight and not muscle weight. (Maximize a good figure) Walking is the best and easiest exercise for me to fit in. I also had surgery on October 2, 2002. I don't weigh myself except at doctor appointments. That way I stay focused on good behaviors and not a silly number on the scale. Remember all the health reasons you choose the surgery. Love, Monica
Jodi L.
on 7/20/03 3:47 am - Dover, NH
Hello, First, there is nothing wrong with you!!! I also feel the same way some days. I went from 367 to 225 (I had surgury 10/04/2002) and from a size 30/32 to an 18. I have days that I feel small and other days I feel like I still weigh 367. I have to remind myself that in a very sort time--less than 10 months I've lost a whole person--and I'm still loosing!!! My weight loss has also slowed--but I can still loose about 8 pounds a month--how do I do this? By going to the gym, drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water a day and by making sure I get all of my protein and fresh fruit and vegies in. Just what my doctor told me would give me the most results. I hope all continues to go well--and when you have a day when you feel 'fat' again--either try on you old clothes or take out old pics of yourself and take a good hard look--you are smaller than you think!!! Jodi
Shirley D.
on 7/30/03 5:01 am - Lawton, OK
Rose, You're doing great, but I totally understand your frustration. I had my surgery on 8 Oct 2002. I've only lost 110 pounds, but I feel wonderful. I actually have gone an entire month without losing a pound, and don't care. I'm 5'9" and wear a size 16-18. I go to the gym about 3 times a week and workout with the weights. I'm not going to have to have the tummy tuck because there's not enough hanging skin to do it!!! My arms are still a little flabby, but I'm working on them. I think the other folks have given you good advice: keep up your proteins and exercise!! I eat a lot of junk that I shouldn't eat and I'm back to drinking diet soda, which I know I shouldn't. I still need to lose another 30 pounds or so, but I feel so much better...as long as I don't GAIN anything...I'm okay with where I am. At 49 years old and a mother of two, I think I'm doing great. By-the-way...I'm wearing an "above-the-knee" skirt at work today (not quite a mini) and have had tons of compliments! I don't dress "frumpy" anymore...EVER!! Look at how far you've come and just concentrate on maintaining that. You'll be surprised how far you'll keep going! Good luck!! Shirley Dismuke Lawton, OK
Most Active