it's either do the surgery or die from being over weight...

Edna T.
on 2/25/05 11:02 am - Harwinton, CT
I find it very amazing that these people lose their weight so fast after having this surgery. I have been trying for years to lose weight. After I had my first child at 15 years old and gained 80 lbs and never took it off and Now that I'm 39 and have six children. Thank god I cant have anymore children Haha well anyway, I feel its time for me to start taking care of myself and lose this weight or I'm not going to be here to see my children grow up. My sister dead last years from obesity and she had three young children all under 12 yrs old. She was 31 yrs old when she dead. I look at myself at 269lbs.if I don't do something I could die from being overweight. I been trying to lose weight and everything I tried doesn't work. I need help by having this surgery... I'm on your website trying to find a Doc that could help me and I could also feel comfortable with , after having my sixth baby by C-section.. my doctor send me home and my intestines fell out of my body because two of my staples broke while I was home. Holding my intestines in my hand wasn't a pretty picture, after that happened I scared to have any surgery, but it's either do or die from being over weight...
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/06 6:37 am
Hi Edna, I had my surgery almost 4 years ago and its the best thing I've ever done for myself. My only regret is that I didn't do it while I was younger. I'm now 54 years old and living a pretty normal life. I really ballooned when I was about your age. I got up to 310 pounds and believe me, it was not a pretty site. I'm only 5'4" so it showed even more. My husband never said anything about my weight but I know he had to be embarrassed. He died when I was 47 years old - he was only 45. I took a good look at my life and decided to make some drastic changes. I lost about 50 pounds before I ever had the surgery but it was so hard. I would come to the ObesityHelp website and read profile after profile and would leave the computer crying every time. I wanted to be a loser. I finally talked to my medical doctor about it and he got so excited for me and recommended one of the best surgeon's in Alabama. It was the right thing for me. Just consider everything before you make your final decision. I'll sure be praying for you!!! DebbieDoo
Most Active