Recent Posts

Ilovemyskinniness
on 10/18/12 1:12 am - CA
Topic: RE: 7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
This is really scarey. What are you doing to get back on track? I am new to this site and am wondering if you could share with me what your daily food intake is?
jdelany
on 1/4/12 1:13 am
Topic: 7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
I formerly posted under Joyce DeLany but couldn't get back into my old site.  Just thought I should own up to the fact that I have failed the surgery and re-gained 80 lbs!
MusicMania
on 8/26/11 8:22 am - Denver , CO
Topic: RE: checking in
Congrats! I did the plastics too, Wish I would have done the thighs, but at 38, arms, stomache and extra skin is better than nothing... I love seeing success stories, because I know I can't even remember my old me, and I have such amazing stories since 2004, my journey hasn't been flawless or easy, but never once have I regretted the surgery nor ever allowed myself to gain my weight back... there have been 4-5 lb fluxuations over the years...but never enough to make much of a difference...I feel so grateful every single day and my heart goes out to anyone who has a hard time, or goes through the fears I did.

CONGRATS on your SUCCESS!!!
judy_
on 5/1/10 11:39 am
Topic: RE: I have gained 80 pounds-- the surgery did not fail and I am not a failure
WE have a lot in common.  I also had my surgery in 2004 and now have to lose between 70 to 80 pounds to get back to my 1 year out weight.  I just did the 5 day pouch test and also signed up for the back on track program with  Barbara Thompson.  I  wouldn't be in this mess if I had dealt with my head the first time.  Hope we can be friends and give each other lots of support and encouragement.

Molly S.
on 3/3/10 8:27 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: I have gained 80 pounds-- the surgery did not fail and I am not a failure
I had Gastric Bypass surgery October 2004. I will be 45 yrs. old in March. I am an evangelizer of the good news and a credit analyst.  I have been morbidly obese all my life. I have a lifetime of mental and physical scars from obesity. Before and after surgery I tried Weigh****chers, other methods of losing weight.  Every thing! 

I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially. I joined Barbara Thompson's back on track program so I can get back on track.  I never reached my goal of 200 pounds. I am considering a revision but I am not getting my hopes up on that front since revisions are hard to get approved.  My program leader already checked with my insurance and they is an exclusion in my insurance that will not approve lap band over pouch.  

I weigh 382 today and  My lowest weight after surgery was 302, and then I went up to 311, next year 321, last year 338 and this year Jan 2010 372 and to date 382.

I use to exercise on average 5 to 6 times a 45 to 75 min each session and weights at health club and at home with Leslie Sasone DVD's. I was very active and one reason for my gains over time I am less committed to my workouts. So far in January I am exercising 3 to 4 times a week 30 to 45 min sessions with walking away the pounds DVDS. I am ashamed to go back to health club since I have gained 50 pounds since the last time I was there--which was February 2009.

2009 my knee gave out and did not exercise for 2 months last year and I have not been able to get back on track since.  I am a failure I just need a readjustment and not sure how to get mind back in focus with my goals.

My biggest down fall is my addiction to and love of food. Surgery can not fix this so I have to fix my head with this problem. My plan is to start attending support groups each month and doing on-line back on track program with Barbara Thompson.  If any one has any more suggestion please HELP.  Thanks in advance for all replies.
Gina Beana
on 10/19/09 4:44 am - Wilson, NC
Topic: RE: Cravings

Hey there.  I am less than a week away from being 5 yrs. out myself.  I too have developed a pretty bad case of anemia.  I am taking Fergon twice daily prescribed by my dr.  I also come in once a month to get B 12 shots for energy.  I think at this point in the game it is pretty normal to be craving old things.  It has been a while, and is really easy to slip back into old habits.  My best suggestions are to get back to basics.  Dont keep that kind of stuff in the house.  Make yourself sit down at the table to eat, and make sure you eat slowly.  Eating on the run is almost always bad.  Get back into an exercise routine, it will help shed some of the unwanted lbs. you've picked back up.   Always remember your water.  It is really easy to get away from that at this far out of surgery.  It might also be helpful to reconnect with a support group that meets monthly if you have gotten away from that as well.  Read a success story or two, or maybe even re read your own.  Remember how you got to where you were.  Remember all your successes along the  way, and never take them for granted.  Keep your chin up and re motivate yourself!  You can do it!
Best Wishes for Continued Success,
Gina

J P.
on 10/18/09 5:01 pm - Carmel, IN
Topic: Cravings
I am five years out (Today).  Suddenly have been having cravings for foods I have not missed before and have been eating like I used to.  I have begun to gain weight and want to put an end to this before it gets out of hand.  Have developed anemia (which is common for post ops), would this have anything to do with it?

Anyone else experienced this?  Suggestions?
TriciaCNH
on 7/14/09 1:31 am, edited 7/14/09 1:31 am - Manchester, NH
Topic: RE: I feel like I can eat so much food...
Betty J:

My weight has been at 192 or so for a year or more. (5'8"). One day, the scale jumped to 200. I swore I would never let that happen again. I have lost about 4 lbs and holding at 197. I want to lose another 20 lbs. When I told my bariatric team about my concerns, they suggested I do a food diary and come in to see the dietician. I am not one who likes charts, so I just cut back my portions, even though I feel hungry (haven't felt that in a while, so I was overeating). I satisfy the hunger pangs by drinking beef or chicken broth and extra water. I started exercising more, so we'll see what happens. I may go back to a modified liquid diet (like preop) for a few days to jumpstart things. Maybe this will help you. Keep trying. You have come to far to give up now.

Thanks for posting. It helps to know there are others in the same boat.

Tricia
rny 10/27/04.
Bettyj
on 7/13/09 1:33 pm - University City, MO
I have the same problem for 4 yrs my weight was down from 317 to 170. Then this last year I've gained 50lb. I can eat more and most things. I still have problem with noodle type food. I feel like I've given up now. I don't have the will power to fight and that's what got my weight above 300.  I wish someone could tell us how to motivate ourselves.
TriciaCNH
on 6/28/09 11:53 am - Manchester, NH
I have never posted here, but I get the OH magazine and it's wonderful, so I thought I try it out.. My usual forum doesn't have a lot of long time graduates, so they can't quite comprehend my concerns. My RNY was 10/27/04 and like many of you, I have regained a little weight- about 14 lbs........ not that much, but enough to scare me. I can eat pretty much anything and in much larger portions than I should be able to consume..... I do not dump. I wish I had that eat one more bite and its coming up feeling, but I lost that long ago. I feel like my tool isn't working as well as it should.  A scope showed everything was fine, so it is me! I am glad to see I am not alone with these issues. I tried the 5 day pouch thing, but that did not help. Any other suggestions?

Tricia
RNY 10/27/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views